Pat Cummins has a degree in creative arts from PENN STATE

Tamriel Terror

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
CREATIVE ARTS.

Complaining about money when you degree'd at a major University with an ARTS DEGREE. I'm all for fighters getting paid better, but what kind of career did you expect with such a degree?

You want money? Major in business, engineering, go to trade school, etc. Plenty of people go to school and get degrees in fields that dont have many jobs or that pay well but its because they have a passion for their degree and dont care as much about money, but CREATIVE ARTs? Come on Cummmins

EDIT: This isn't about fighter pay, this thread is about why the hell would you major in a useless degree if you care about making money?

The ufc isn't known for having high income (save for a minority of the fighters, so getting into mma to make a lot of money is a far cry)

Last edited:
It's more like, you want money? Don't be a mediocre MMA fighter.

People with creative arts degrees don't make a lot of money = Fighters in the biggest MMA organization in the world shouldn't make a lot of money

Thanks for clearing that up for us Dana

Has anyone on earth ever be successful with an art degree?

People with creative arts degrees don't make a lot of money = Fighters in the biggest MMA organization in the world shouldn't make a lot of money

Thanks for clearing that up for us Dana
They should make a hell of a lot of money if they bring in their worth. Even the lesser fighters should of course be paid more.

My point is just that if you care that much about money, get a degree that actually is useful, I'm all for higher fighter pay.

So he'd get paid more fighting if he went to WyoTech?

He's a MMA fighter what the fuck does his degree have to do with his pay?

He's a MMA fighter what the fuck does his degree have to do with his pay?
my point is if the got a useful degree, he would have much chances of already having an actual good paying career (without the damaged brain cells)

I understood where you were going with that TS, doesnt seem like many others did tho lol

hqdefault.jpg

TS hates art degrees and it's The Barista's fault...story at eleven

Isn't there someone waiting to place their order at the drive-thru OP, perhaps you should get back to work

They should make a hell of a lot of money if they bring in their worth. Even the lesser fighters should of course be paid more.

My point is just that if you care that much about money, get a degree that actually is useful, I'm all for higher fighter pay.

What degree does one require to earn a decent wage as an MMA fighter? Maybe if Conor wants part ownership of the company he should have got a business degree instead of failing a plumbing apprenticeship.

Your logic is off base. If someone makes a decision as an 18 year old to obtain a certain degree, they certainly have the right to strive for a decent salary. Especially if this person chose a different career path than their major with this exact goal.
You'd only make sense if he was a starving artist complaining about his pay.

my point is if the got a useful degree, he would have much chances of already having an actual good paying career (without the damaged brain cells)

.....but he is a MMA fighter. Why do you assume that he is a MMA fighter because of the money? Very few people become fighters because of money and certainly not the kind of people who get a college degree. So he would be a MMA fighter regardless.

hell of a good wrestler though

CREATIVE ARTS.

Complaining about money when you degree'd at a major University with an ARTS DEGREE. I'm all for fighters getting paid better, but what kind of career did you expect with such a degree?

You want money? Major in business, engineering, go to trade school, etc. Plenty of people go to school and get degrees in fields that dont have many jobs or that pay well but its because they have a passion for their degree and dont care as much about money, but CREATIVE ARTs? Come on Cummmins

EDIT: This isn't about fighter pay, this thread is about why the hell would you major in a useless degree if you care about making money?

It takes 4 years and a couple hundred grand to find out.
It's worth it, if you "have the passion".

If you had a boy in high school, very creative, excellent artist for high school level, and he had his heart set on studying arts in college, would you deny him?

Back