Why can't the woman fight at Invicta?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Invicta is a female MMA organisation supported by the UFC, why can't they keep it like that?

Because they'll bring them all over to the UFC one day when they merge.

Edit; The day that happens it's going to be glorious on sherdog.

i agree, they get in the way of me watching 2 half naked sweaty men rolling around on the ground

Invicta is a female MMA organisation supported by the UFC, why can't they keep it like that?

nobody would watch that.

Edit: maybe a few thousand womens who aren't into mens....

giphy.gif

nobody would watch that.

Edit: maybe a few thousand womens who aren't into mens....
I don't want to watch either but the UFC keeps adding fights and divisions, so my solution is keep WMMA at Invicta to make sure the real fans can enjoy it.

Because they have a ridiculous amount fight cards now and need to fill space. And women's fights are about as good as the lower weight classes were a few years ago. They will continue to improve. The female SW division is somewhat interesting.

Wah, wah...

Poor bastards. Being forced to watch women, and small guys fighting. That's all that goes on in here. Crying about the 4, or 5 lowest weight classes. How beta of you.

stop-whining.gif

UFC wants to 1) make money, 2) make all the money. Every time Dana has said that WMMA doesn't have enough depth, he was really saying that it doesn't draw enough money. As soon as Ronda became a thing, he was all over it. And once they got a taste for Cyborg-money, they want to tack her division on as well.

Basically, Zuffa wanted all the big WMMA $$$$ for themselves and WME will probably do the same thing.

135 could go back to invicta

I really wouldn't mind

I enjoy watching WMMA.

Come at me.

Because they have a ridiculous amount fight cards now and need to fill space. And women's fights are about as good as the lower weight classes were a few years ago. They will continue to improve. The female SW division is somewhat interesting.
If you think women's fights are anywhere near as good as WEC, then you need to be slapped.

You can't enjoy it if it's in Invicta?

I see no issues having them in the UFC. Most WMMA fights are still better than most heavyweight fights anyways. Why don't you move the heavyweights to Invicta?

TS brilliant business plan is to hold Ronda Rousey's comeback fight in a bingo hall on Fight Pass.

If you think women's fights are anywhere near as good as WEC, then you need to be slapped.

Holm vs. Tate and Jedrzejczky vs. Gadelha were both as good as any WEC fights I've seen. But you can certainly generalize things and make blanket statements to your heart's content. We will likely still have different opinions.

Holm vs. Tate and Jedrzejczky vs. Gadelha were both as good as any WEC fights I've seen. But you can certainly generalize things and make blanket statements to your heart's content. We will likely still have different opinions.
Holm vs Tate was was awful for 3/5 rounds and Gadelha gassed after two rounds. Takeya Mizugaki went a hard five against Torres on short notice. Don't compare the two.

I say have a separate organization for women's fights, I can't stand having to pay for a low-level wmma fight that somehow made it onto the maincard of a PPV. Don't get rid of it, but separate it from the real product.

I have no issue with moving all WMMA to invicta. Frees up space on UFC cards for better fights.

Back