If Floyd does come back which fight will make him more money

Guru28

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I doubt he will come out of retirement but he has done that before.

He fought Ricky Hatton for the number 1 pound for pound boxer which Floyd won and reached the top spot in boxing. After few years, seeing Pacquaio destroying elite boxers, people regarded Pacquaio as the best boxer of the generation. Then Floyd came out of retirement to prove he is the best.

The question is if he does come back who does he fight next? Which fight will make him more money?

Options:

1. Pacquaio II: I think last time around they split the purse 60:40 in favour of Floyd. Floyd might get 70:30 in the second fight? The first fight did 4.2M buys but I doubt the second fight will anywhere near it. Maybe just above 2M buys. I bought the PPV for the first time to see the first fight. I won't be buying the second time around.

2. Canelo II: Canelo was lot younger and in experienced but he has grown his experience but Floyd still wins this fight. PPV did 2.2M buys last time.

3. GGG: This fight is the one that brings everyone's attention. How will Floyd cope with GGG power and aggressive attack? When asked about this fight, Floyd Snr told the reporter that there is no way they are going to put Floyd against a giant. Floyd is too fast for GGG but you never know.

4. Conor McG: This fight will be the easiest fight for Floyd. Conor hardly uses his jab and depends too much on his left hand. Floyd is the best in terms of movement and Floyd will see Conor's left hand in slow motion and easily get missed. Floyd will win convincingly. This fight will be the most interesting one as 2 sports will be coming together for one night and it draws MMA fans/fighters and boxing fans/boxers all around the world to watch it. I'm not too sure if it will break 4.2 M buys but if it doesn't then without a doubt it will be the 2nd most buys in the history.

You MMA fans really need to stop using retired boxers to try and legitimise your hero. Floyd won't fight McGregor and he doesn't need to either. Conor is begging Floyd because he can't make the serious money in MMA. His avenues to run away from legit contenders in the UFC are getting fewer.

Conor by far.

Him vs GGG would be my favorite one.

Wouldn't be fair though since GGG is younger and stronger.

Conor is the easiest money. But I still feel like the potential drawing power gets overestimated. Everyone knows Conor has no chance even though some don't want to admit it. Even Conor knows. He will try hard to convince people otherwise and there will always be a few stupid ones believing him but I don't see a PPV in the stratossphere of May-Pac.

I think GGG could draw a lot because people would finally see a chance to see him Floyd lose. A chance bigger than ever.

But he is also by far the hardest fight for him. And I don't think he is looking for the biggest challenge. Just the 50 and a lot of cash. But I am pretty sure any fight brings in huge loads of money.

You MMA fans really need to stop using retired boxers to try and legitimise your hero. Floyd won't fight McGregor and he doesn't need to either. Conor is begging Floyd because he can't make the serious money in MMA. His avenues to run away from legit contenders in the UFC are getting fewer.

I'm not just a MMA fan. Boxing before MMA. Yes, Conor is using Floyd's name but so is Floyd to get his name relevant.

GGG would probably do close to 3 millions PPV's. Nobody else would be even close to that.

I'm not just a MMA fan. Boxing before MMA. Yes, Conor is using Floyd's name but so is Floyd to get his name relevant.
That sounds fucking stupid. How does Floyd need conor to get his name relevant. He's fucking retired. You swingers are fucking gay.

Conor is the easiest money. But I still feel like the potential drawing power gets overestimated. Everyone knows Conor has no chance even though some don't want to admit it. Even Conor knows. He will try hard to convince people otherwise and there will always be a few stupid ones believing him but I don't see a PPV in the stratossphere of May-Pac.

I think GGG could draw a lot because people would finally see a chance to see him Floyd lose. A chance bigger than ever.

But he is also by far the hardest fight for him. And I don't think he is looking for the biggest challenge. Just the 50 and a lot of cash. But I am pretty sure any fight brings in huge loads of money.

Yes, I agree Conor has no chance but who wouldn't want to see that fight specially the way these 2 fighters promotes themselves. It is once in a lifetime if MMA fighter fights a boxing fighter. Fans from both sports will be watching it. In terms of PPV it might not reach 4.2M but it will be more than 2.5M

GGG is the riskiest fight but can he catch Floyd. Floyd is super fast. His head movements are actually faster than most of the boxers hand speed.

LMFAO @ Floyd needing ''to get his name relevant''. The guy can name his price to any television network to cover one of his fights if/when he ever decides to get back in the ring. He has the biggest star in MMA calling his name out to try and legitimise himself because he's a superstar and Conor isn't.

You're dumb as fuck.

That sounds fucking stupid. How does Floyd need conor to get his name relevant. He's fucking retired. You swingers are fucking gay.

Well if Floyd does come back to go 50-0 and when negotiating against who ever it is such as Pacman, Canelo or GGG.

He could say hold on sec I don't need to fight you guys. I could fight Conor and make more than fighting either of you. So fighting Floyd will be anyone's biggest payday even if they take 20%-30% purse.

LMFAO @ Floyd needing ''to get his name relevant''. The guy can name his price to any television network to cover one of his fights if/when he ever decides to get back in the ring. He has the biggest star in MMA calling his name out to try and legitimise himself because he's a superstar and Conor isn't.

You're dumb as fuck.

Well you are more dumber to read and reply then aren't you.

Can't make serious money? He's higher than Canelo on the highest paid athletes list, if he was subject to the Ali act he'd make even more money, he still makes a very healthy living in the UFC though. He wants that Floyd money, which isn't serious money, it's anomaly money.

Well if Floyd does come back to go 50-0 and when negotiating against who ever it is such as Pacman, Canelo or GGG.

He could say hold on sec I don't need to fight you guys. I could fight Conor and make more than fighting either of you. So fighting Floyd will be anyone's biggest payday even if they take 20%-30% purse.
Floyd knows his 50th win wouldnt be taken seriously by beating plumber 3 or 4 years removed. He also knows his legacy would have a huge shit stain on it if he lost to a plumber 3 or 4 years removed. A plumber who tried boxing and couldnt cut it and went to the minors in MMA.

Yes, I agree Conor has no chance but who wouldn't want to see that fight specially the way these 2 fighters promotes themselves. It is once in a lifetime if MMA fighter fights a boxing fighter. Fans from both sports will be watching it. In terms of PPV it might not reach 4.2M but it will be more than 2.5M

GGG is the riskiest fight but can he catch Floyd. Floyd is super fast. His head movements are actually faster than most of the boxers hand speed.
It's not. MMA fighters have competed in boxing and vice versa. A boxing star in James Toney fought one of the biggest MMA stars in Randy Couture.

The only special thing is that it is the two biggest stars in both sports might do it.

And the fact that it happens in boxing leaves next to no chance of an upset. The MMA fighter never gets to use his biggest advantage in boxing but MMA gives the boxer at least the possibility to use his. People will be turned off just by the fact that an upset is extremely unlikely.

And the fact that it happens in boxing leaves next to no chance of an upset. The MMA fighter never gets to use his biggest advantage in boxing but MMA gives the boxer at least the possibility to use his. People will be turned off just by the fact that an upset is extremely unlikely.

That is a good point but I think fans will still watch it though even though upset is highly unlikely.

That is a good point but I think fans will still watch it though even though upset is highly unlikely.
Oh there is definitely going to be people that will watch. And quite a few. People love circus.

But nobody should call that sport.

Oh there is definitely going to be people that will watch. And quite a few. People love circus.

But nobody should call that sport.

True but at least Conor won't be knocked out in 13 seconds though ;)

Conor probably.

Because he can offer Conor 5 million and take all the rest.
The other boxers would want much more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back