UFC 206 would have probably been the GOAT Fight Night card in terms of match-ups

Helmut Zemo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As someone who is actually going to this event, not even complaining, tbh. Plenty of good to great match-ups.

Featherweight Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis
Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown
Featherweight Cub Swanson vs. Doo Ho Choi
Middleweight Tim Kennedy vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Emil Weber Meek
Light Heavyweight Nikita Krylov vs. Misha Cirkunov
Lightweight John Makdessi vs. Lando Vannata
Lightweight Jason Saggo vs. Rustam Khabilov
Flyweight Zach Makovsky vs. Dustin Ortiz

Only ones I don't have much interest in are:

Lightweight Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Drew Dober
Women's Strawweight Valérie Létourneau vs. Viviane Pereira
Bantamweight Mitch Gagnon vs. Matthew Lopez

and even then, Mercier has a fun submission game and had a couple decent fights. I am interested in Gagnon's return after his performance against Barao. He was legit boxing him up early and might have won if not for Barao's TD/top game.

Last edited:
Your phrasing is confusing... would have been?...these fights are all still on right?

I am stoked for this card

Definitely. This PPV is awesome. It wont sell anything though since they have noo one marketable.

the top 7 fights are all highly likely to be absolute stormers (maybe not Kennedy - Gastelum)

just doesnt have the name value to be a PPV but to hardcore fans its great

God damn are there any cards Cerrone doesnt fight on?

Great card and I'm stoked there's no leprechauns.

Every Mercier fight ever has fucking sucked what the hell man

Tim Kennedy will parachute into the ring. Watch.

it will be a delicious evening nonetheless

Some fights will suck - Gagnon, Mercier and Valerie fight will probably be a snoozefest. Also Makovsky vs Ortiz could end up just hugging against the cage but rest of the card looks very nice.

Some really nice match ups that I expect to end in brutal fashion. Also Cerrone vs Brown is the ultimate JUST BLEED fight.

It's weird. I should be more excited about this card. There's a lot of great potential matchups...but damn..the lack of a solid main event really hurt this card.
Pettis and Holloway could have been the main event under different circumstances though. The fake belt, and Pettis getting a shot after 3 losses and 1 mediocre win at FW just makes the idea of this being some kind of legit interim title seem ridiculous.
Without the main event it just seems like a GOAT FN card...though i'm sure there have been weaker PPVs.
I'll be watching as always though, nonetheless.

Back