Why do people try so hard to discredit Conor (and his opponents)?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
I always see this, whenever there's a thread about something related to him. Stuff like "he's a decent boxer with a left hand and nothing more, shitty TDD and even shittier grappling", but I don't understand why.

Sure, you could say that his ground game isn't the best at FW or LW, but it isn't straight up trash, otherwise he would have been easily beaten by anyone on CW and in the UFC. Same with his Takedown defense, he got taken down by one of the best wrestlers at 145 and it sucks now? Come on, hopefully the Eddie fight showed that he can indeed keep the fight on the feet against most wrestlers.

Why do you guys try to discredit him so much? All you're doing is making MMA look worse and worse every time. A one dimensional boxer managed to KO a guy who had been undefeated for 10 years to win the FW belt, and destroyed another guy to win the LW belt. Truly shows the skill level and talent in the sport, is that what you want to hear?

How come Dustin and Alvarez suddenly became trash after Conor beat them? Was it because he didn't get destroyed like most of you thought? Just accept the fact that Conor is indeed a great fighter and has accomplished great things. Also, the Aldo fight wasn't a fluke.

I don't try to discredit him so much as QUESTION why homie NEVER defends his belts, and why his hardcore fans endlessly floss on orange pubes.

I don't try to discredit him so much as QUESTION why homie NEVER defends his belts, and why his hardcore fans endlessly floss on orange pubes.
That's it exactly. Conor brought it all upon himself. He talked shit, won belts (favorable matchups along the way) and then ran away in case someone beats him. It's a joke really but let him have his paper belts

Conor's fans discredit his opponents more than anything tbh.

I always see this, whenever there's a thread about something related to him. Stuff like "he's a decent boxer with a left hand and nothing more, shitty TDD and even shittier grappling", but I don't understand why.

Sure, you could say that his ground game isn't the best at FW or LW, but it isn't straight up trash, otherwise he would have been easily beaten by anyone on CW and in the UFC. Same with his Takedown defense, he got taken down by one of the best wrestlers at 145 and it sucks now? Come on, hopefully the Eddie fight showed that he can indeed keep the fight on the feet against most wrestlers.

Why do you guys try to discredit him so much? All you're doing is making MMA look worse and worse every time. A one dimensional boxer managed to KO a guy who had been undefeated for 10 years to win the FW belt, and destroyed another guy to win the LW belt. Truly shows the skill level and talent in the sport, is that what you want to hear?

How come Dustin and Alvarez suddenly became trash after Conor beat them? Was it because he didn't get destroyed like most of you thought? Just accept the fact that Conor is indeed a great fighter and has accomplished great things. Also, the Aldo fight wasn't a fluke.

I love him but can at least admit he acts like a complete cunt.

If you can't work out where the hate comes from I can't help you.

That's it exactly. Conor brought it all upon himself. He talked shit, won belts (favorable matchups along the way) and then ran away in case someone beats him. It's a joke really but let him have his paper belts
Do you even know what paper belt means? Seems like every dweeb on this site throws it around to sound edgy and 'cool'

I love him but can at least admit he acts like a complete cunt.

If you can't work out where the hate comes from I can't help you.
Oh, that's not hard to work out at all. I just wonder if they realize that by shitting on McGregor's skills so much, they end up shitting on MMA as a whole. A valid complaint is that he hasn't defended the belt - the 155 one, he got a lot of opportunities after winning the FW belt and beating most of the elite guys in his rise, so I understand why he never chose to defend that one -, but to shit on his skill set is retarded, especially after what he accomplished.

But I guess it happens with every great fighter.

Paper belts even though he made easy work of both champions... Ok.

What Jose is holding right now is a paper belt, since he never beat the champ to get it. And even worse, he got put out by him in 13 seconds - which broke the record for shortest title fight ever.

Conor's fans discredit his opponents more than anything tbh.
Meh, most do it to troll people. It's really easy to get a reaction out of most people here, not even Conor haters, just sherdoggers in general.

Im a huge Conor fan, but i don't like how many Conor fans discredits his opponents. It makes Conor's accomplishment looks less of an accomplishment.

Well, perhaps it is more like this. Someone posts "Conor would run through Mayweather and Fedor in one night" Someone with a reasonable sensibility will reply with something like, "I don't think he could"
The TS would then say Conor has such skills that no one except possibly a god could touch him. The TS would then say Fedor ducked fights his whole life, he has never faced actual competition, he is on roids, and he tapped faster than a bolt of lightning. TS would then say Floyd isn't a real fighter, Floyd would get ko'ed in 20 seconds with MMA gloves, Floyd is ducking Conor, Floyd could not knock out a gnat, etc, etc.
Eventually, the person trying to reply a reasonable response just gets fucking frustrated with the dim witted simplicity of these Conor fans and they lash out.

Honestly man, just let people hate. That's what makes the sport fun. When your guy wins.

The hate is out of hand, but let's not pretend the praise isn't out of hand also.

All_ProductShots4_1024x1024.jpg

Meh, most do it to troll people. It's really easy to get a reaction out of most people here, not even Conor haters, just sherdoggers in general.

A lot of Conor's fanbase is people who don't know much about MMA, they just like Conor and that's the only reason they watch UFC, those people tend to shit all over every fighter who isn't named Conor. Except Nate, in their opinion Nate is a 7 ft immortal demi god with Xmen type abilities.

It's true that some of them are trolling, but a lot of them are just really stupid and that's actually the way they think.

Last edited:
Holloway as his 2nd fight.
Mendes on short notice.
P4P best Aldo.
Workhorse and beast grappler RDA (feel through)
Another workhorse and beast grappler Alvarez "underground king"

He destroyed everyone in his path at FW, and put himself in the position to get himself a LW fight through his ability to get people interested.

A lot of Connor's fanbase is people who don't know much about MMA, they just like Conor and that's the only reason they watch UFC, those people tend to shit all over every fighter who isn't named Conor. Except Nate, in their opinion Nate is a 7 ft immortal demi god with Xmen type powers.

It's true that some of them are trolling, but a lot of them are just really stupid and that's actually the way they think.
Nate was 240lbs in their rematch, and that's a fact.

It's hard to tell who's trolling and who's not, this is sherdog after all. It's not like the Platinum fanbase, which is mostly a small group of people and you can easily tell who is being a troll.

Holloway as his 2nd fight.
Mendes on short notice.
P4P best Aldo.
Workhorse and beast grappler RDA (feel through)
Another workhorse and beast grappler Alvarez "underground king"

He destroyed everyone in his path at FW, and put himself in the position to get himself a LW fight through his ability to get people interested.
Hell, Dustin was supposed to tear him a new anus, until the fight happened. After that he was just another "favorable" matchup.

Hell, Dustin was supposed to tear him a new anus, until the fight happened. After that he was just another "favorable" matchup.
I never got why people thought Dustin was gonna win that fight.

They say Conor fans are biased and clueless about the sport but if you watched Dustin's fights against Akira and Brandao it was pretty obvious he didn;t have the striking defence to go in there against a fast and powerful boxer like Conor. I think that was the easiest money I ever made and Conor was actually and underdog for that fight.

Nate was 240lbs in their rematch, and that's a fact.

It's hard to tell who's trolling and who's not, this is sherdog after all. It's not like the Platinum fanbase, which is mostly a small group of people and you can easily tell who is being a troll.

No doubt, Nate Diaz makes Stefan Struve look like Mighty Mouse.

I agree though for sure, Conor's early fanbase was actually really similar to Platinum's current fanbase, it just turned out Conor was actually as good as all the trolls were pretending he was.

if conor defended his belt you wouldnt stop hating. You'd just find another reason to hate on him.

defending the belt isn't more impressive than moving up and beating the number 1 lightweight in the world. Especially when you beat the p4p number one guy at FW already as well as chad mendez the second best after aldo.

This "he didn't defend his title" BS is just haters being haters. And if it was a fighter they liked, they wouldnt be saying the same thing.

If conor haters just admitted they are biased against him and find any way to hate on him, these boards would be a better place. instead, we have people rationalizing in their twisted minds that their hatred and bias is rational instead of it being that they are butthurt because he knocked out aldo in 13 seconds.

no offense. I usually like your posts.

Back