Corey Anderson is no longer Beastin 25/8

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
On dropping his nickname:

But along with getting those bearings back, he made a choice to dump the “Beastin’ 25/8” nickname that has been one of the most derided nom de plumes in MMA history.

People don’t dig on his nickname, which came from his brother, and he knows it. So “Beastin’ 25/8” will remain his brand. But his nickname game will start fresh. Just what it is, though, remains a secret. All he’ll say is it came from Frankie Edgar.

“Frankie gave me a new nickname,” he said. “It made sense. It’s the same thing, just a different way to say it. Coming from a guy like Frankie, as a mentor, I look up to him so much – I had to take it.”

On losing to Shogun:

“For a moment, I wanted to walk away from it,” Anderson said. “If they’re saying the judges are cheating me, and that dictates my career, do I really want to depend on that? Do I want to make money depending on what someone else says? I want to do something where I can control it. If I didn’t get the finish but I did enough to win, and everybody thinks I was cheated, is this serious? Is this something I want to do for the rest of my life? It really hurt me for a while."

“For a while, I stayed home – for a month and a half, two months. I was at my parents’ house. My parents were like, ‘When are you going back to training?’ I had to get my bearings back.”

the more i get to know about these fighters the more i dislike them he looks like hes 40 and stay at home with mommy and daddy

Frankie hated his nickname so much, he spent his own personal time thinking up a new one so he wouldn't have to hear beastin 25/8 anymore lol

lol is this jabroni really bitching about the judges in the Shogun fight

Without that cringey nickname he's just another forgettable gatekeeper.

Very good fighter, let's hope Frankie has given him a very good nickname. Beastin 25/8 will live long in our memories. RIP

If it's "basically the same thing" I'm guessing it's something super simple like Corey "All Day" Anderson or something.

Corey "8k show/8k win" Anderson

It doesn't say the new nickname Frankie gave him, unless I am blind...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back