Official: Conor McGregor taking 10 months off

P4p Islam

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Not sure why every thread about this has been deleted. Sherdog "broke" the story about 6 hours ago.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/12/7/1...or-taking-10-months-off-winning-ufc-title-mma

Conor fans wanted Conor to take time off. Ask and ye shall recieve. It's looking more and more like Khabib/Ferg will be for an interim title until Conor returns in September of '17.

"""Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Conor McGregor, much like he did after winning the featherweight title at UFC 194, will leave the 155-pound division in a holding pattern to do ... pretty much whatever he wants.

That includes playing daddy, as “Notorious” will welcome his first baby in 2017.

Promotion president Dana White was forced to reclaim the featherweight title McGregor won from Jose Aldo, despite what you may have seen from the newly-licensed pugilist in this viral video.

“Conor is the best,” White told FOX Sports Live. “He’s got no fights, he’s taking 10 months off, he’s having a baby, and everybody’s still talking about him. He’s the best at it, nobody’s better.”

Maybe, maybe not.

With McGregor handling his business outside the cage, Tony Ferguson is expected to collidewith fellow top contender Khabib Nurmagomedov for the right to fight for the division title next summer."""

Last edited:
Straight bs. Fk you Eddie for losing to Conor,I hope you get knock out in your next fight.

Imagine if he returns only to fight for the WW belt instead.

Rousey is back, and Dana is praying to the MMA gods that she can beat Nunes and will stick around while Conor is gone.

that's bullshit...

10 months! you shouldnt be able to take that much time off if you have a belt

Last edited:
I swear I already posted in this thread, yet I see it nowhere. Is this another thread? why all the deletes?

and the irish jabroni does it again.

this is what happens when you give too much power to a fighter. now the LW division will become a mess until a khabib/ferguson match for a interim and please, before people here starts arguing about Aldo not fighting AT LEAST HE DEFENDED.

What kind of champ wins a belt and takes almost a year to defend.

and the irish jabroni does it again.

this is what happens when you give too much power to a fighter. now the LW division will become a mess until a khabib/ferguson match for a interim and please, before people here starts arguing about Aldo not fighting AT LEAST HE DEFENDED.

What kind of champ wins a belt and takes almost a year to defend.

The shitty ones...

I don't think he would mind being stripped.
Yeah he could use it a way to get more hype. Like go on a rant about how everyone is holding his belts...that man can sell a fight.

Good for him. Hardest worker in the business. Well deserved.

Back