Does Pettis deserve a chance to be a two weight champ?

TouchofDeath

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pettis is 1-3 in his last 3 fights but has the chance to be in a very select company with Randy Couture, BJ Penn and Conor Mcgregor.

His win over Charles Oliviera was impressive but I don't think it warrants a chance to be a two weigh champ.

I know it is an interim champ but nevertheless he will still count as a two time champ.

Even Tyron Woodley thinks Anthony "Deserves" a titleshot.

You don't get anywhere by "deserving" something in this sport.

He should have gotten the nod over Eddie

And no not really but with a win over max he'd be number one contender which is all this fight really is

The possible narrative of Pettit being a champ champ and a possible o pop oppnent for Conor down the road is just bonus for and

Pettis shouldn't be mentioned near the 3 fighters you listed. Randy Couture was what, 35? when he started MMA, so all of his fights were basically an old man doing the impossible, BJ Penn chased fighters all the way up to LHW and win or lose, didn't deter him from fighting dangerous opponents, Conor McGregor, well, he's DW's Tweety Bird.

The interim belt is fake. If he wins it he will not count as a 2 weight champion until he defeats Aldo to unify it.

Pettis is 1-3 in his last 3 fights but has the chance to be in a very select company with Randy Couture, BJ Penn and Conor Mcgregor.

His win over Charles Oliviera was impressive but I don't think it warrants a chance to be a two weigh champ.

I know it is an interim champ but nevertheless he will still count as a two time champ.
I'll admit my bias I don't know if it is "deserved". But I'm happy this fight got made. It saved 206 for me. I'm a fan of Max and Pettis. Obviously been following Pettis longer. But with this fight Aldo can't duck Max anymore if he was ducking...And if Pettis pulls it off that's another fun fight.

Dude, with the UFC these days... it's not about 'deserving'.

You gotta be kidding me, with all the bending over backwards and jamming up of two divisions for the circus known as Conor McGregor, now people wanna act all serious and question if the man is deserving to be a two weight Champ? Seems like some forgot Conor's path to his LW belt tapout loss (I give up) with the quick turn around re-match for the **majority** decision win.

Until the UFC brings real order to their house I say yes! He's deserving in the new UFC...

Nah he doesnt deserve it but if he beats holloway he does.

2 weight champ isn't a thing. Defending your title is. Anybody and everybody is deserving of fighting for whatever titles at whatever weight they earn a shot in.

I think it's funny that everyone thinks Conor receives special treatment but is the only fighter to be stripped in less than a year AND have two interim created in less than a year. Interim titles are silly but creating two in the course of 11 months is the absurdity of absurdities.

Deserve has nothing to do with anything anymore. You can have your ass handed to you twice by Nate and still be gifted a title shot against a champion from a higher weight class who never defended his belt as well.

Back