Fedor was the best Hw of his generation but not the goat

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Yeah I made a thread about something I really hate to talk about. But a sport with decades of history like mma, it will take a long time to find real greatness. Now as far Fedor goes, yeah he was a pioneer and one of the greats, but goat really? I don't think so. He's resume is weaker than some top 5s. I give him credit to beat prime nog twice and cro cop. But how Many cans did he beat? He had some ridiculous fights during his reign. Can't compare to Jon Jones, aldo's murder row or even gsp. Don't let nostalgia blind you, I loved pride too! he is a all time great, and we can call him the best Hw of his generation, but was he really out of his prime during strike force days? Werdum, Bigfoot, Henderson? Maybe age was a factor, just my opinion. Oh and I won't comment he's last fights, cringe worth. Not the killer I used to see in the ring.

He's the GOAT HW. No argument. He beat all the best HWs from 2000 to 2008 (Except Barnett)

He did beat a hell of alot of cans though.

Wrong, he is the GOAT, the other contender was Jones but he seems to be done unless he gets his shit together

Best heavyweight i have ever seen, period. You can't determine who is (GOAT) for everyone else. Fedor fought and beat the best heavyweights in the world...his best asset which he would later lose as he got older was his remarkable speed. That was what really separated him from everyone else. He moved like a middleweight and hit like a super-heavyweight.

I think Cain and JDS may have taken it to a new level in the division and haven't fought a tonne of cans.

HW doesn't seem to have evolved as much as the lighter divisions so Fedor is right up there for sure.

he's the best HW we have ever seen

I can't see someone matching his accomplishments for at least 10 years

Anyone doubting his greatness hasn't been a fan of the sport for very long.

Yeah I made a thread about something I really hate to talk about. But a sport with decades of history like mma, it will take a long time to find real greatness. Now as far Fedor goes, yeah he was a pioneer and one of the greats, but goat really? I don't think so. He's resume is weaker than some top 5s. I give him credit to beat prime nog twice and cro cop. But how Many cans did he beat? He had some ridiculous fights during his reign. Can't compare to Jon Jones, aldo's murder row or even gsp. Don't let nostalgia blind you, I loved pride too! he is a all time great, and we can call him the best Hw of his generation, but was he really out of his prime during strike force days? Werdum, Bigfoot, Henderson? Maybe age was a factor, just my opinion. Oh and I won't comment he's last fights, cringe worth. Not the killer I used to see in the ring.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Lots of so called cans can be dangerous. Sometimes on pure strenght and size, or stylewise simply a bad matchup. If other GOAT candidates fought lower ranked fighters 3-4 times a year next to fighting top guys, they would lose some of the fights.

Daniel Cormier is better than Fedor on every level and it's not even close.

Fedor:

goMxv8

Cormier:

bodyslam.gif

Fedor:

4_medium_medium.gif

Cormier:
tumblr_metxpghQOV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

These are just the COLD HARD FACTS ladies and gentleman.

Best heavyweight i have ever seen, period. You can't determine who is (GOAT) for everyone else. Fedor fought and beat the best heavyweights in the world...his best asset which he would later lose as he got older was his remarkable speed. That was what really separated him from everyone else. He moved like a middleweight and hit like a super-heavyweight.
At times it seemed like he move like a light weight. No question he was GOAT in his prime.

And Couture, and Mir, and Overeem, and Werdum, and Sergei, and Rizzo, and Ricco...please somebody stop me...
What about them? They don't compare to Fedor my friend. Show me another HW fighter during this period that went on an unbeaten streak like Fedor. Just show me one.

There's a thing called your prime.

I've heard of Prime.

Prime = when you win fights
Not prime = when you lose fights.

Fedor's last decent win was in 2009 at the age of 33. His fans would say he was no longer "Prime" even before that.

Meanwhile...

HW Champ: Stipe Miocic (34)
LHW Champ: Daniel Cormier (37)
MW Champ: Michael Bisping LMAO (37)
WW Champ: Tyron Woodley (34)

LMAO! "Prime" the slippery gift that keeps on giving.

Fedor is the GOAT of Pride and fighting in a ring. But fighting in a cage has always been his Achilles heel. I have no doubt that fighters like Mir and Couture would beat him in a cage.

Back