Only 32 occasions that a Judge gave 10-10 round out of ~24000 opportunities

Reason

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
IMG_0128.PNG
381 events, ~4100 fights and ~8400 completed rounds.

So with over 25000 opportunities for a judge to score a UFC round, only 32 occasions have they given it.

That's about 0.12%

Do we need more 10-10s in the sport?

Good Lord, did you really add up all those numbers by yourself? I don't know whether to admire you or feel sorry for you.

Yeah, can people stop calling 10-10 rounds in PBPs and shit? They don't happen. There's literally less than a one percent chance of it occurring. Just because you want it to be a draw round doesn't make it happen.

Good Lord, did you really add up all those numbers by yourself? I don't know whether to admire you or feel sorry for you.
381 events are wiki numbers and decision rate is 41%, so it's just estimates based on that ;)

And probably 31 of those were wrong, unless it's 2 guys circling for 5 minutes with no strikes landed. Which has happened.

Interesting that all 3 judges have a 10-10 in the st preux villante fight.

Yes more draws in mma fights will definitely make them more climactic and will tell us who the better fighter is

Last edited:
Yes more draws in mma fights will definitely make them more climatic and will tell us who the better fighter is
tumblr_lr6aj5c8I41qfr77so1_400.gif

I lalways thought 10 10 rounds where things people wanted implemented. Doesn't that contradict the 10 point must system where one person <goldie>must get 10 points and the other 9 or less</goldie>

?

Do we need more 10-10s in the sport?

We don't "need" them......the scoring system should just be used properly.

More 10-10's and more 10-8's would signify that it is being used more effectively/correctly.

It's because the fight ended due to an eye poke like 30 seconds into the third round. There was pretty much nothing to judge the round on, but the rules say that the judges must score the unfinished round. So they all said, fuck it, 10-10!

It was a technical decision, a fair decent amount of fights on that list are. If you take that out of the equation, 10-10 rounds are actually scored even MORE frivolously considering such.

Yes I've been saying this for years, UFC's judging system is fucken retarded.

I wonder how many 10-8 rounds they gave, probably not that many either. Everything is fucken 10-9 to them. Best recent example is Hendo/Bisping. Hendo butchers his face and nearly finishes him, it's a 10-9. Bisping hops around for 5 minutes landing the occasional rabbit punch, 10-9. Wtf?

Mma judging is archaic, not new to me. Still haven't been given a good reason why there isn't open scoring in combat sports

Yeah, can people stop calling 10-10 rounds in PBPs and shit? They don't happen. There's literally less than a one percent chance of it occurring. Just because you want it to be a draw round doesn't make it happen.

Have you ever seen that show, Finding Bigfoot?

It's because the fight ended due to an eye poke like 30 seconds into the third round. There was pretty much nothing to judge the round on, but the rules say that the judges must score the unfinished round. So they all said, fuck it, 10-10!

Yea I just looked it up myself because I was curious. Sounds like the whole fight was a cluster fuck. I wonder how many other 10-10's on that list have been for the same reason

There is an interview with Big John McCarthy where he says 10-10s are extremely rare and he only remembers exactly one

We don't "need" them......the scoring system should just be used properly.

More 10-10's and more 10-8's would signify that it is being used more effectively/correctly.
Personally I don't even like the scoring system. Not all 10-9s are the same. Some commissions have flirted with a Half point system: I honestly would like rd 4 and 5 being worth double. Never will happen tho

Back