The first 3 division champ...

ReturnoftheKing

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Could be CMcG.
The only fight that makes sense for him is for the WW belt. He needs to milk the most out of the LW belt without putting it on the line. So fighting for the WW belt would bring huge $, and also be zero risk/extreme reward for him. If he loses, oh well he stepped up and fought the bigger man.

I'll give it to him, he may not be as great as he says(zero defenses ever), but he sure knows how to game the system.

Nah Woodley wants that fight. And Woodley never gets what he wants apparently.

Who says Woodley will still be champ?
LOL.... Woodley is the current champion. You can't assume anything else.

He isn't beating the other two. He has a chance against Woodley because Woodley is at times an under-performer. But he stands no chance against Maia or Thompson.

Last edited:
Hold your fucking horses:

bj-penn1.jpg

He isn't beating anyone at WW. He has a chance against Woodley because Woodley is at times an under-performer. But he stands no chance against Maia or Thompson.
Out of curiosity, and not trying to imply anything here, but I have to wonder if you thought the same about his chances at LW. A lot of people said he had "no chance" against Alvarez.

I'm not saying he'd beat Woodley or Thompson or Maia. I wouldn't favor him in any of those fights. I'm not saying he should fight at WW, either. But I have to wonder whether the people who give him "no chance" against WWs are the same ones who gave him "no chance" against LWs.

I'm not convinced. Even Eddie was able to get a clinch and have him against the fence. I'm aware he did fuck all with it, but if Tyron gets that position(having an underhook) i'm not convinced Conor stays upright against a much more massive man, with a much better wrestling pedigree. I also don't feel his power ends worlds as frequently the more he moves up. Can he do it? Sure, there's always the chance. I just feel 170 is a bit too much to bite off.

Could be CMcG.
The only fight that makes sense for him is for the WW belt. He needs to milk the most out of the LW belt without putting it on the line. So fighting for the WW belt would bring huge $, and also be zero risk/extreme reward for him. If he loses, oh well he stepped up and fought the bigger man.

I'll give it to him, he may not be as great as he says(zero defenses ever), but he sure knows how to game the system.

Yeah right, the only fight that makes sense for Conor is the WW champion. What the fuck is wrong with you people? This isn't even a good troll. If it's not a troll I want to speak with your live in assistant.

Last edited:

He isn't beating anyone at WW. He has a chance against Woodley because Woodley is at times an under-performer. But he stands no chance against Maia or Thompson.
#1 CMcG wont be back from having a baby until LATE 2017, that gives Woodley plenty of time to lose his belt.

#2 He doesn't have to beat anyone at WW, its just a move to make money, and avoid the risk of losing his LW belt.

Out of curiosity, and not trying to imply anything here, but I have to wonder if you thought the same about his chances at LW. A lot of people said he had "no chance" against Alvarez.

I'm not saying he'd beat Woodley or Thompson or Maia. I wouldn't favor him in any of those fights. I'm not saying he should fight at WW, either. But I have to wonder whether the people who give him "no chance" against WWs are the same ones who gave him "no chance" against LWs.
He isn't beating those guys.

Did you write him off against Alvarez? Alvarez under performs at times just like Woodley. And Mcgregor is bigger than Alvarez. I thought he would beat Alvarez because he is bigger, he can make fighters stupid with his head games, and Alvarez played his game. Which I thought Alvarez would do. Even thought I refused to watch that show live or be on Sherdog or see the results anywhere at real time. Fuck that fight and fuck any fight with mcgregor at WW.

Fucking asshole powers that be at the UFC will let him fight for another belt and create an interim LW belt while he bulks up for WW.

#1 CMcG wont be back from having a baby until LATE 2017, that gives Woodley plenty of time to lose his belt.

#2 He doesn't have to beat anyone at WW, its just a move to make money, and avoid the risk of losing his LW belt.
He said he won't fight before May which is not the same as late-2017. And they can't force Woodley to do anything.

Yeah right, the only fight that makes sense for Conor is the WW champion. What the fuck is wrong with you people? This isn't even a good troll. If it's not a troll I want to speak you live in assistant.
As long as he can avoid the risk of losing his LW belt, he can keep up the illusion that he's a great champion. Fighting the WW champ is a huge notch on his belt (and the biggest possible payday). Even if he loses, he'll be that much more of a hero to all the little McNuggets.

Woodley i believe would make quick work of McGregor, if this fight were to happen.

Fighting Woodley and winning the title is more impressive than defending against Ferguson/Khabib....

I want to see him fight Woodley more than I want and Aldo rematch.

Back