McGregors improved wrestling

Notoriouslefthand

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor wrestling has reached new levels lately. He outwrestled completely one of the best wrestlers of division Eddie Alvarez. Working with Dillon Danis really made wonders. Nate couldn't also take Conor down but once. Even Joe Rogan said that Nate Diaz wrestling is very underrated. Conor is pretty much perfect fighter now. Hes best striker with solid TDD and excellent BJJ. He got submitted by Nate because of his cardio. Actually that Diaz loss was turning point of his career. He completed that transformation into perfect fighter after UFC 196. This is MMA though.. Im not saying that hes never going to lose again. Anything can happen but its not very likely specially at 155.

I don't think the Alvarez fite is the best barometer for his TDD. He cracked Alvarez before he tried to wrestle him and I think after that he wasnt 100%. But he has shown some definite improvements. The Khabib fite will be the best way of finding out, if he manages to go through that unscathed then he will be unstoppable. But until then I wudnt judge his TDD until that fite. I'm a Conor fan btw.

He didn't out-wrestle Eddie you fucking goof.

He stuffed him on the cage, impressively.

Eddies a decent wrestler. I agree Conors wrestling is better now than ever but who knows if he could beat Khabib

mcwrestle.gif

Khabib will bury him under the canvas.

I've studied the available footage and the objective conclusion I came to is that Conor's wrestling is better than Khabib's.

Yes it has improved................because he had fook all wrestling to start with.

Nate's wrestling is a joke o_O He's been protected against alpha wrestlers. He has some big holes in his game.

Ehhhhh not buying it Eddie was hurt and barely seemed like he committed to it. He used it just to make Conor back up.

He completed that transformation into perfect fighter after UFC 196. This is MMA though.. Im not saying that hes never going to lose again. Anything can happen but its not very likely specially at 155.
Conor always takes on the biggest challenge imaginable or even unimaginable and he takes risks in his fights so he can lose for sure but ya he improves noticeably after every fight.

I don't think the Alvarez fite is the best barometer for his TDD. He cracked Alvarez before he tried to wrestle him and I think after that he wasnt 100%. But he has shown some definite improvements. The Khabib fite will be the best way of finding out, if he manages to go through that unscathed then he will be unstoppable. But until then I wudnt judge his TDD until that fite. I'm a Conor fan btw.

If he beats khabib all anyone will say is oh khabibs striking is to poor he couldnt mix it up.

Conor wrestling has reached new levels lately.

Great, I look forward to see him winning gold for Ireland wrestling in the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
He'll have beaten Mayweather by then and he's already the MMA GOAT so gold in the Olympics is all he'll have left to do.

He didn't out-wrestle Eddie you fucking goof.

He stuffed him on the cage, impressively.
Away from the cage, too.

But Conor definitely cracked his chin before Eddie tried to wrestle, so that fight isn't a great example of his wrestling skill. It is, however, a great example of his MMA skill because he dominated the LW champ from start to finish.

He's faced a less skilled wrestler than Chad Mendes so it looked better so it naturally looked better. nothing more.

If he beats khabib all anyone will say is oh khabibs striking is to poor he couldnt mix it up.
The haters will always grasp at straws. I just dont understand how u can hate on greatness. You can hate his personality, his antics but u cant deny his performances.

Away from the cage, too.

But Conor definitely cracked his chin before Eddie tried to wrestle, so that fight isn't a great example of his wrestling skill. It is, however, a great example of his MMA skill because he dominated the LW champ from start to finish.
Well actually I was more impressed that he stuffed Eddie on the cage. Thats where Eddie works good takedowns and not in the open cage.

An open ring with alot of space behind you is actually perfect for a good sprawl and is really easy to defend against (Unless you can turn a serious fucking corner). A guy locking you up on the cage, wanting to hold you there for dear life! is a lot more difficult to just shake off... which is why i was impressed.

Back