What has been the biggest clash of undefeated records?

N

NewGuardBjj

in what fight were both fighters considered undefeated wonders and also the future of the division?

Im sure there is a better example but Machida vs Thiago Silva was one off the top of my head..

Both were 13-0.

The winner was expected to take over the division (Which Machida did in his next fight).

Rashad Machida

Jones vs Cormier (not technically)

Rashad v Machida is the first that comes to mind. Two complete savages battled it out during the LHW heyday.

Thomas Almeida vs Cody Garbrandt as far as BW's go.

Jones D.C. Is my pick.

Was Rashad really that good though?

Yeah Jones VS DC i will argue was the biggest fight in MMA history as it pitted the GOAT vs a heated rival also fighting for GOAT status.

Both undefeated. I shat myself multiple times during that fight.

Spot on..interestingly.

Silva, Machida and Rashad were all 13-0 before fighting each other.

Machida came out of it as 15-0. LHW was really strong at the time.

Franklin_vs._Machida_medium.gif

Lyoto also handed Rich Franklin his first loss(14-0(1 NC) coming into the fight). Machida keeps undefeated records mounted on his wall like animal heads.

Franklin_vs._Machida_medium.gif

Lyoto also handed Rich Franklin his first loss(14-0(1 NC) coming into the fight). Machida keeps undefeated records mounted on his wall like animal heads.
Never put all that together.

What a beast he was.

Thomas Almeida vs Cody Garbrandt as far as BW's go.
yeah I was going to say that but it wasn't exactly high level stuff, had Almeida beat a ranked fighter at that time? Actually I don't think either of them had.

Rashad had a tie with Tito. But yeah if not for that it would have been up there with D.C. Jones which you could also take away from bc lhw is weak for years

yeah I was going to say that but it wasn't exactly high level stuff, had Almeida beat a ranked fighter at that time? Actually I don't think either of them had.
Two promising young prospects is how I looked at it.

BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz.

Fedor vs. Brett Rodgers, Combined 44-0 (not technically)

In that case if we are counting bullshit...

Harold Howard vs Roland Payne.

Both guys 'undefeated' with records of 400-0 for Howard and somewhere in the 100s for Roland.

axekick.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Im sure there is a better example but Machida vs Thiago Silva was one off the top of my head..

Both were 13-0.

The winner was expected to take over the division (Which Machida did in his next fight).
This was what I was going with.

Back