Do you agree with the UFC stripping Conor of the belt?

Do you agree with the UFC stripping Conor of the belt?

• Total voters
Yeah he's never fighting at featherweight again.

I mean that was the deal between Colin and the UFC before he got his title shot at 155 so yes, I agree with it.

It would be 18 months come May 2017(when he might fight next) w/out a defense. Plus there is 0% guarantee that his fight at that time would even be a defense of the FW title...

I would have liked to see him try to defend both belts, but with the 10 month layoff it just isn't feasible to keep both division hanging.

Yes, since he's now taking time off after an 11 months FW title fight absence.

Do not agree with just handing Aldo the belt.

Do not agree with having Max vs Pettis as an interim title fight - as since they gifted Aldo, there's an uninjured unbooked featherweight champion available.

Conor never fights at 145 again so what's the point in leaving the belt with him.

They should have done it before the Alvarez fight but that would have ruined the 2 weight champion which is what they wanted when they made the RdA fight. People blame Conor for holding up a division but it was RdA's fault for getting injured (and Nates fault for stepping in and choking Conor out).

Yes. he ain't defended the FW belt and he isn't planning on defending it anytime soon, so Yes.

I think the UFC acted too quickly. One minute they market him as the person who could be a two-div champ; the next they take a belt away.

As a fan of him I'm not in love with it, but as a fan of the sport I think it was the right thing to do.

Should have at least tried to get that lil cabbage to defend each belt once

I think the UFC acted too quickly. One minute they market him as the person who could be a two-div champ; the next they take a belt away.
not a big deal imo

things happen fast in the UFC.

the show rolls on

He should have relinquished the belt the Monday after beating Alvarez. The UFC should have done a presser or conference call. Then announced Holloway/Pettis for the title and the winner unifies with Aldo next year.

The UFC seem to not know how to play the game they invented. Fucking leptons.

"I don’t like the idea of Featherweights competing against one another with no title shot in sight. But it’s a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Conor beat the champ 12 months ago. Along the way he became the champ in another division. Why not let this narrative run its course?"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...both-belts-is-the-story-the-ufc-needs-to-tell
What's to argue? He didn't defend it for 11 months before he got stripped. If he didn't get stripped, he would be taking another 10 months off without having ever defended it.

Yes and no.

Yes because he was not injured and instead choose to fight 3 fights away from FW.

No because the timing was retarded. We lost a main event, lets make up a bullshit belt and hand it to Aldo before stripping Aldo of his other bullshit belt and handing a new new bullshit belt to the winner of the new main event for 206. Who will fight Aldo for the undisputed bullshit belt.

No point in keeping as champ a guy that has fought 3 times outside of the weight class in a row (one a defeat) and doesnt plan on fighting in it soon, i do agree.

No, not one bit. Jose had gone that long without defending via injury, Cain as well. He should have been given more time to either accept or decline the Aldo fight. If he refused to fight until someone else beat Aldo, fine strip him. But it was pretty lame and the timing of the DC pull out made it ludicrous, and I don't even particularly like the guy.

I can't understand the people saying no. Even his coaches never want him to fight at 145 again

He isn't even gonna fight period until late next year and I don't think anyone ever thought his return would be a title defense at 145. I think people just really like to say he is the 2 division champ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back