BJ Penn Closing in on the Featherweight Title?

latoya johnson

Double Black Card
@Green
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...coming-back-because-he-wants-to-win-his-third

"UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn says he is
coming back to the UFC so he can make history by winning a third belt in a his third different weight division."

GIF-confused-dont-know-loss-for-words-no-answer-ron-swanson-skeptical-speechless-unsure-GIF.gif

Well, not a bad reason to keep fighting. Seems a bit unrealistic.

Everyone should have high goals for themselves, but they should at least be attainable.

If Aldo loses to Holloway,

They might just award BJ the title.

UFC Logic.

And people think the Aldo rematch is risky to sign?

BJ keeps having issues and there's one major factor standing in his way at 145...Frankie Edgar lol
4th time gonna be a charm?

Go ahead! I like it. He's always fought big fighters. Even LHW Machida! He deserves a shot at a smaller guy. I'm all for it.

One of my all time favorites but come on dude

x95l1.gif

I believe it's possible with the new camp and refreshed attitude and everything. But my gut says he loses motivation before he gets to the title shot.

His struggles seem to be more mental then anything. He never took much damage and he's still pretty healthy at his point from what we know. He can still win some fights I think.

And people think the Aldo rematch is risky to sign?

BJ keeps having issues and there's one major factor standing in his way at 145...Frankie Edgar lol
4th time gonna be a charm?
That is true but being down 0-2 against Aldo, the second loss coming by way of a fairly dominant decision, it's hard to justify a third bout between Frankie and Aldo for a good while.

If the UFC stays true to their ridiculous logic, they very well could feed BJ mediocre but known fights en route to a title bid. Even that route is a tough sell. this is a very unrealistic goal for BJ but my hats off to him for the attempt.

Resurrected BJ will use his perfected Walking Tall stance to destroy the FW division.

He doesn't like the thought of Conor getting that third belt before he does haha

BJ is scheduled to face Yair Rodriguez in his unretirement fight, it will be a tough fight for a guy coming off a 2.5 year lay off.

I have a better chance of getting laid than BJ winning the featherweight belt

Back