Conor McGregor is getting screwed big time, he's way underpaid considering..

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The event below is comparable to the numbers that UFC 205 brought in.

Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield I (November 1996) 1,590,000

Mike Tyson was guaranteed $30 million for that fight plus PPV revenue.

UFC 205 did more than 1.7 million PPV buys plus smashed gate records.

Conor was guaranteed $3.5 Million for his performance at 205 plus PPV revenue.

Somebody needs a new manager, and fast.

9d5371_2c579708a8254308a2395167948a93f0.png

Conor could have started his own MMA organization but he didnt. He joined someone else's promotion

i know you just wish to be Conor's wife one day and take half his money. never gonna happen buddy..

Andre Ward just got $5m for 160k PPV.
Conor is shamefully underpaid.

The event below is comparable to the numbers that UFC 205 brought in.

Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield I (November 1996) 1,590,000

Mike Tyson was guaranteed $30 million for that fight plus PPV revenue.

UFC 205 did more than 1.7 million PPV buys plus smashed gate records.

Conor was guaranteed $3.5 Million for his performance at 205 plus PPV revenue.

Somebody needs a new manager, and fast.

People pay to watch tyson fight, also way less people on a fight card in boxing then mma. But other problem is without the ufc most of these fighters like conor would not be where they are, they built the stars, its different then boxing.

People pay to watch tyson fight, also way less people on a fight card in boxing then mma. But other problem is without the ufc most of these fighters like conor would not be where they are, they built the stars, its different then boxing.

Ufc can't build a star to save their life

The structure and nature of pay is different in boxing.

But yes Conor is getting underpaid. His ass should throw his weight behind the new fighters association

TS, i hope you're just trolling and not still this uneducated & ignorant after tuning in for at least 4 years.

i have faith that you're just a troll. i must have that faith. the alternative is too daunting.

Everyone is underpaid by the UFC. Except, like, Danielle Taylor.

Ppv buys are not the only barometer to go off of.

Boxing caters to a much different clientele than Mma. Boxing fans will buy tickets to an event and dont mind spending 10s to 100s of thousands. Row 22 at Mayweather Vs Manny went for $5000 face value, but most people spent between 87-350k per seat to sit in the front rows.

https://www.google.com/amp/nesn.com...-going-for-350k-on-stubhub/amp/?client=safariIMG_0693.JPG

At 350k a seat you are getting 1.4 million on every 4 sold.

Even GGG who doesn't sell many ppvs sold out Madison Square garden in 2 days of being available and actually set a record there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...ver-6000-tickets-sold/44726/amp?client=safari

Boxing events are frequented by rich a listers, and people who will have their assistant buy the tickets for them and book a plane ticket and hotel for the night of the fight. Mma fans tend to be more of type who split the ppv with their buddies.

I think it's strange to compare the two like everyone does here. Mike Tyson fights were basically the whose who of Hollywood and "big swinging dicks".

Conor could have started his own MMA organization but he didnt. He joined someone else's promotion
Not really, UFC is a corrupt monolopoly and as such, they are facing numerous lawsuits. How is a 20 some year old on welfare supposed to start and MMA PROMO. Even now, he is under contract.

We like to say "Well if you want X, go out and get it". But this ain't the 50's anymore, there is the largest wealth gap since the Middle Ages and the system is so rigged to keep new blood out and old blood in. This is the only reason UFC succeeded, because the Fertittas were in the oligarchy and used their ties to corruption to grow the sport. 3.5 for 1.7M PPVs is beyond pathetic and proof and point that 'the system is rigged'.....and today, 'right and wrong' is now decided by who can afford the better lawyer

No worry Ali act gonna change all that if n when it passes. ........ no one will fight anyone anymore but they be gettin paid

Ppv buys are not the only barometer to go off of.

Boxing caters to a much different clientele than Mma. Boxing fans will buy tickets to an event and dont mind spending 10s to 100s of thousands. Row 22 at Mayweather Vs Manny went for $5000 face value, but most people spent between 87-350k per seat to sit in the front rows.

https://www.google.com/amp/nesn.com...-going-for-350k-on-stubhub/amp/?client=safariView attachment 175997

At 350k a seat you are getting 1.4 million on every 4 sold.

Even GGG who doesn't sell many ppvs sold out Madison Square garden in 2 days of being available and actually set a record there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...ver-6000-tickets-sold/44726/amp?client=safari

Boxing events are frequented by rich a listers, and people who will have their assistant buy the tickets for them and book a plane ticket and hotel for the night of the fight. Mma fans tend to be more of type who split the ppv with their buddies.

I think it's strange to compare the two like everyone does here. Mike Tyson fights were basically the whose who of Hollywood and "big swinging dicks".
True, boxing does draw a different and more elite crowd to events but that is a changing with Conor and WME now the owners. Madonna being at UFC was truly a watershed moment and indicative that MayPac was like a death knell for boxing. Outside the occasional Mexican super fight, or few May or Pac fights left, I just don't see boxing having the same star appeal as it used to.

I do agree that the MMA PPV base was mostly younger guys chipping in on a PPV's but as they have gotten older, PPV's have gotten higher as they are at home with their families and now older and wealthier. This is mostly why I see boxing falling by the wayside, as the new gen is growing up with MMA and the older boxing generation is dying off. Boxing seems so tame to the people that grew up with shooter games, sure gore flicks and Silva snapping his leg in half. It's kinda like with metal music: it just gets louder, heavier and faster as time goes by and a band like Motörhead (once considered like the heaviest band n the planet) is now considered like elevator music to today's youth.

The guy was on fuck'n welfare a few years ago...the UFC pushed him harder than anyone ever! He's the highest paid fighter right now, and it will never be enough. He should just defend that belt or retire.

Back