Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale thoughts.

STARKNASTY

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just finished TUF 24 Finale and I have a couple thoughts.

I can see how Gray Maynard can be frustrated with how his fight with Ryan Hall went but Gray didn't leave it all in the cage. I'm a fan of his but It might be time for him to retire.

I was thoroughly impressed with Brandon Moreno. His striking was remarkably better and his wrestling is very impressive. I can't wait to see how he does against a top 10.

Can anyone beat Demetrius Johnson? I vote he fights winner of Cruz, Garbrant.

So much up and coming talent. I really enjoyed this card.

Yea, this kid is talented. I think his win over Smolka wasn't a fluke. I didn't realize Smolka was top ten at the time. Look forward to seeing what Moreno can do. I'm a new fan of his.

Gray should retire soon, but Ryan Hall is a joke. The only thing was good at in his last fight was controlling the distance with footwaork and kicks.

I just finished TUF 24 Finale and I have a couple thoughts.

I can see how Gray Maynard can be frustrated with how his fight with Ryan Hall went but Gray didn't leave it all in the cage. I'm a fan of his but It might be time for him to retire.

I was thoroughly impressed with Brandon Moreno. His striking was remarkably better and his wrestling is very impressive. I can't wait to see how he does against a top 10.

Can anyone beat Demetrius Johnson? I vote he fights winner of Cruz, Garbrant.

So much up and coming talent. I really enjoyed this card.

Mighty Mouse needs to stay at Flyweight and rule until he retires. Don't give in to the stupid fantasy fan talk of moving up.

I love Tim Elliot but I would've loved to see how Brandon would have done against DJ.

I want to see Brandon Moreno face Demetrious Johnson too. To TS, Moreno has already faced a top 10 flyweight and won.

Elliott though was, surprisingly, DJ's toughest challenge yet.

Gray should retire soon, but Ryan Hall is a joke. The only thing was good at in his last fight was controlling the distance with footwaork and kicks.

Ryan Hall has potential but he is too tentative. If he wants to succeed against tougher competition he will need more aggression and not rely on the 50/50 guard so much.

Moreno lost in the first round of TUF 2 fights ago to a wrestler who took him down and choked him out, I don't want to see him in the cage with DJ yet but he has looked much better post fight and I've enjoyed his fights.
Hall is a fighter I want to see again but only to watch him lose.
Gray should retire.
DJ, I'm not sure. If he goes up again Cruz beats him again so he might as wells stay where he is and beat Silvas record.
Elliott I'm not sure about either, he'll win some and lose some but he'll be a tough fight for anyone in that division.

Moreno lost in the first round of TUF 2 fights ago to a wrestler who took him down and choked him out, I don't want to see him in the cage with DJ yet but he has looked much better post fight and I've enjoyed his fights.
Gray should retire.
DJ, I'm not sure. If he goes up again Cruz beats him again so he might as wells stay where he is and beat Silvas record.
Elliott I'm not sure about either, he'll win some and lose some but he'll be a tough fight for anyone in that division.
In what universe is Pantoja a wrestler?

Pantoja is a brawler with amazing BJJ. He is the total opposite of a wrestler.

Gray should retire.

I don't see elliot doing big things. Two more straight losses and he will go back to being champion of a small promotion... And that's OK.

Also, can't wait to see Cannoneer fight again. How did these dudes not knock each other out... Wow.

In what universe is Pantoja a wrestler?

Pantoja is a brawler with amazing BJJ. He is the total opposite of a wrestler.

Change 'a wrestler' to 'a better wrestler' then.
If he takes Moreno down and chokes him out, it's not like DJ has any trouble doing it (even with Moreno appearing to get better since the show).

I just rewatched the fight. The first round was better than I remember and pretty even when they were on the feet, Moreno tried the only take downs and got no where near. In the second round again pretty even on the feet, Moreno gets a take down but can't keep him down, even on the feet again until Pantoja starts taking Moreno down and gets his back after the second take down and chokes him out.

Either way a DJ fight is WAY too early for Moreno.

Change 'a wrestler' to 'a better wrestler' then.
If he takes Moreno down and chokes him out, it's not like DJ has any trouble doing it (even with Moreno appearing to get better since the show).

I just rewatched the fight. The first round was better than I remember and pretty even when they were on the feet, Moreno tried the only take downs and got no where near. In the second round again pretty even on the feet, Moreno gets a take down but can't keep him down, even on the feet again until Pantoja starts taking Moreno down and gets his back after the second take down and chokes him out.

Either way a DJ fight is WAY too early for Moreno.

I like Moreno, but he is no where near ready for DJ. Give him a couple more solid wins and time for growth then maybe he will be ready.

My thoughts are Ryan Hall is hilarious, and Cejudo got fucking jobbed. Won all 3 rounds and somehow the ugly little manlet got awarded the decision.

of the TUF 24 cast, Shelton seems to have the best chance of beating DJ in the future.

My thoughts are Ryan Hall is hilarious, and Cejudo got fucking jobbed. Won all 3 rounds and somehow the ugly little manlet got awarded the decision.
Apparently Daddy Dana called him to apologize about the judges decision. Lol

Back