Are Seven Round Shitle Tots a possibility

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Yes or nah

Just curious if this is even feasible

I think they may add more rounds eventually. Just the way everyone's cardio is these days. The games improved in every aspect.

Would benefit strikers if rounds were 3.5 minutes.

It could be nice.

Normal fights 5 rounds, title fights or main event 7 rounds, cant handle it? Then retire fat ass

I hope not. We would see deaths in the octagon

I spar 10 rounds on a regular basis so ya it possible if these fighters could get their cardio to a respectable level

I think I generally prefer the 3 round fights. Out of the 25 minutes of 5 round fights there is much more inactivity going on.

I'm down, as long as they keep that rule the hell away from the heavyweights.

Ideally there would only be two five minute rounds. We'd see much more action, instead of fighters coasting the first 20 minutes because they don't want to gas themselves out.

I'm down, as long as they keep that rule the hell away from the heavyweights.
Fully agree with this
I hope not. We would see deaths in the octagon
Yeah if I'm correct that's one of the reasons why 15 round fights were removed from boxing.

But many fighters are on the record saying they spar more that 5 rounds for prep and I can think of many a fight that felt unfinished in only 5 rounds

Depends on what you want?

Five more action packed rounds, or 7 where they take a round off in the middle or gas so bad at the end it sucks.

Don't make this into boxing where they can turtle behind their gloves for a round or two to regain their breath.

You mean it would affect the scoring, or that cardio takes over?

Just for me, 25 minutes is too long already, and it leads to focusing on pacing in most weight classes. A 25-min snoozer is tough to power through.

Ideally there would only be two five minute rounds. We'd see much more action, instead of fighters coasting the first 20 minutes because they don't want to gas themselves out.

Nah. One of the reason for 25 minute main events is that the promoters realized than many 3 round fights felt unfinished - a guy could lose just as the momentum swung, a single dominant round changed the strategy entirely

I liked the pride round system most but I don't think commissions would be fans

If they were 7 rounds TJ wud have smoked Cruz the way the fite was going. TJ had the momentum and finished the fite stronger which is more impressive than starting strong and fading.

You mean it would affect the scoring, or that cardio takes over?

Just for me, 25 minutes is too long already, and it leads to focusing on pacing in most weight classes. A 25-min snoozer is tough to power through.

I don't know if I buy this particular argument but I see where you're going( the boring argument). Boring fights are boring anyway l, I think we could get some 7 round classics

But I mean how it would affect strategy scoring and also fighter evolution.

Depends on what you want?

Five more action packed rounds, or 7 where they take a round off in the middle or gas so bad at the end it sucks.

Don't make this into boxing where they can turtle behind their gloves for a round or two to regain their breath.

I assume that many guys could go a decent 35 minutes. I don't mean right away, I mean in the future. In the past six or so years we've seen at least 5 really good five round LHW fights where not guys were still fighting hard in the fitfth. I just think in the future it may be doable

1 ten minute round Mortal Kombat style.

Mortal-Kombat-X_Johnny_Cage_Soccer_2.jpg

Nah. One of the reason for 25 minute main events is that the promoters realized than many 3 round fights felt unfinished - a guy could lose just as the momentum swung, a single dominant round changed the strategy entirely

I liked the pride round system most but I don't think commissions would be fans
We'd see more finishes with just two rounds. Now many fights go to decision simply because it's not worth it to blow your wad going for the finish instead of trying to cruise to a decision win because if you don't get the finish and you gas, you lose the later rounds for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back