Was the Ferttias purchase and sell of the UFC on of the most boss business moves of all time?

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They purchased the UFC with some gangster backroom shady shit for dirt cheap then had a shit ton of fun bullying the most bad assed humans to ever walk the earth. they raped the sport for every penny they could then when the shit started to hit the fan because of how they ran their business they sold if for a absurd amount of money leaving the new owners to deal with the shit storm they created.

Honestly... I'm impressed. It sucks for the fighters who got their brains beat in for skittles while the owners made billions but as a business man my self I'm impressed.

Last edited:
please tell us how you really feel TS.

Yes it was, me and Lorenzo are 2 of the smartest businessmen in the history of sport.

That's one of looking at it. It's not all wrong but you are leaving out some stuff like it took them a while to start making money, all the legislative shit they had to do to further legitimize the sport and the full promotional behemoth they built to push the sport.

And then when they were found success they wanted to parlay that into bringing the Raiders to Vegas.

Pretty slick.

That's one of looking at it. It's not all wrong but you are leaving out some stuff like it took them a while to start making money, all the legislative shit they had to do to further legitimize the sport and the full promotional behemoth they built to push the sport.

And then when they were found success they wanted to parlay that into bringing the Raiders to Vegas.

Pretty slick.
All people see is our fat wallets, not the 400% increase of average fighter pay over just 11 years.

There once was this guy who sold a basic interpreter to a company called MITS.

He now owns 56 billion dollar.

He also laughs at your thread.

Pretty slick.

They chose the Raiders over the UFC...

MMA still got a long way to go...

2/10 for some good reach you did there

WME will take the UFC to even greater heights

Honestly... I'm impressed. It sucks for the fighters who got there brains beat in for skittles while the owners made billions but as a business man my self I'm impressed.

The fertitas could have given 500 fighters a million dollars each and still had 3.7 billion....

Pretty slick.
you had me agreeing with you til the end

Fuck las vegas
Fuck mark davis
Fuck sheldon adelson
Fuck everyone trying to steal my team away

Oakland on mines bitch!!!!!

All people see is our fat wallets, not the 400% increase of average fighter pay over just 11 years.
I wouldn't be that generous.

The high end has gone way up and that pulls the average up.

Base fighters should be paid more.

But that said, Zuffa did create a market where fighters can make more than they did a decade ago.

They'll be used as an example in both Harvard and Ariel Rubinstein's classes, for opposite reasons.

Fuck las vegas
Fuck mark davis
Fuck sheldon adelson

the sad things, they are real good now.

the same crap happened to my Hockey Team in 95'.

I feel for ya.

There have been vastly better investments.

E.g. Microsoft, Facebook, Google.

That's just in modern times. Go back and you have things like Rochefeller and Standard Oil.

Railroads boomed once.

History is full of much better moves than the UFC.

Fuck las vegas
Fuck mark davis
Fuck sheldon adelson

I hear you. They don't belong anywhere but Oakland. If any other city besides Green Bay should own their team it should be Oakland. Best fan base in the sport.

There have been vastly better investments.

E.g. Microsoft, Facebook, Google.

That's just in modern times. Go back and you have things like Rochefeller and Standard Oil.

Railroads boomed once.

History is full of much better moves than the UFC.
1000x others more bad moves tho.

Back