Rogan doesn't think Conor should have a piece of the company because he doesn't grow the company

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
(timestamped)

- Rogan: "You're not making the company bigger, you're making yourself bigger."
- Rogan: "He doesn't elevate the other PPVs."
- Bravo then brings up the fact that celebs like Ben Afflick have a piece of the company and Joe changes the subject.

Here's the promo for UFC 206, it begins with Conor McGregor.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He's wrong, Conor does both.

At work, they just talked about that or something else noteworthy?

he may not be making the ufc bigger but he sure is making it a shit ton of $$$$$$$$$$

Yea, off his PPV's, not the other PPV's. Which was Rogan's point.
Okay, but isn't more attention on the UFC a good thing overall for the UFC? If Conor attracts new fans, that absolutely can increase PPV buys for other cards. They advertise the fuck out of upcoming events on every PPV, so isn't he increasing their audience for that, too? Plus, money is money. He makes a lot of it for them. More than any other 2 fighters combined, in fact.

Plus Rogan can't really talk about anyone "growing the company" since his over-hyped commentary is generally a deterrent for a lot of people.

Conor is earning the UFC half of it's total revenue.

Conor deserves a piece of the pie.

Fuck what Rogan says.

Rogan has been a hater ever since Conor said about him "There's a reason why he's behind the mic and i'm in there fighting"

Yes because bringing massive amounts of viewers to the sport and potentially making them fans of the ufc and other fighters doesn't help. I don't think Conor deserves a piece unless he buys in like any other investor, but to say he doesn't grow the company is ignorant.

Don't some celebrities own shares in the company? Conor is not going to become a major stakeholder but having a relatively small percentage of shares would not be outrageous.

Okay, but isn't more attention on the UFC a good thing overall for the UFC? If Conor attracts new fans, that absolutely can increase PPV buys for other cards. They advertise the fuck out of upcoming events on every PPV, so isn't he increasing their audience for that, too? Plus, money is money. He makes a lot of it for them. More than any other 2 fighters combined, in fact.

Plus Rogan can't really talk about anyone "growing the company" since his over-hyped commentary is generally a deterrent for a lot of people.

I'm just telling Rogan's side of the argument. I don't really have an opinion on this.

Im surprised nobody has brought up the obvious conflict of interest of having a fighter also being a part owner, fuck it, Conor can ref his owns fights too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back