Vitaly Minakov has set his sights on UFC

Kanemura

Glacier
@Orange
Reaction score
According to the Sherdog Ranking page, Vitaly Minakov has recieved a contract and seems happy to accept it. He should be coming to thE UFC the next year.

Who should he start off against? How about:

Minakov vs Travis Browne
or
Minakov vs Andrei Arlovski?

They've been saying this for months. Idk if they can't come to an agreement or if he's having visa issues but they need to get it fixed ASAP. He's in the same boat as eddie was where they're wasting years of their prime in these contract disputes

They've been saying this for months. Idk if they can't come to an agreement or if he's having visa issues but they need to get it fixed ASAP. He's in the same boat as eddie was where they're wasting years of their prime in these contract disputes
The problem was not the visa. It is his contract with Bellator.

TS: I dont think he fights Arlovski. They are teammates in Jackson-Winklejohn.

I would throw him against Overeem because why not?

What? a HW under 32yrs old in the UFC?

That's unpossible!

Will Brooks got Ross Pearson in his debut so why should Minakov get a top 10 guy first? I'm thinking more along the lines of Minakov vs Omielanczuk or Volkov.

We need him in the UFC for sure. Would be an excellent addition.

From what I remember it was a bad translation. Interview was (in Russian) with Minakov and Gadjiev, his manager. Minakov said that Bellator, UFC -- promotions doesn't matter and he doesn't give a damn about promotions he cares about good contract and money. Gadjiev said that he would like to see Minakov in UFC or something like that. Bloodyelbow.com "translated" that interview and put Gadjiev's words in Minakov's mouth.

Will Brooks got Ross Pearson in his debut so why should Minakov get a top 10 guy first? I'm thinking more along the lines of Minakov vs Omielanczuk or Volkov.

How many times you want him to beat Volkov's ass lol

Isnt that the Russian dude who was the bellator champ who never fought? lol

It would be great to see him against top competition.

IMO best HW outside the UFC. Glad to see him fight top guys, he has some serious potential.

<{jackyeah}>

I hope its true and he comes to UFC. Minakov is the best HW in MMA out of UFC, and in UFC he would be top 5 in my opinion. He is super slick on the ground and has crisp hands. He will be hard to beat for anyone.

The problem was not the visa. It is his contract with Bellator.

TS: I dont think he fights Arlovski. They are teammates in Jackson-Winklejohn.

I would throw him against Overeem because why not?
Didn't they strip him and release him though? or were they holding him hostage like alvarez? regardless of what the situation is, he's been "coming to the UFC " for months. we judt need it to happen already

I would match him up vs a top 5 fighter right away, that way even if he loses they can put him vs a top 5-10 afterwards.

TBH...I dont see Minakov losing in the UFC...maybe to Stipe or Cain...but everyone else he should walk through...he is like a HW Khabib.

He reminds me of Arlovski so that fight makes a lot of sense IMO. Given how shallow the HW division is I'd like to see him get a top 5 guy, and with a convincing win, a title shot.

Back