Let's not forget this fact about Jones & Cormier...

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
...that 5 foot 11 inches tall and 72.5 inches reach Cormier fought and KOed Bigfoot Silva who just beat GOAT before while Jones ducked MW Sonnen and rematch vs. first guy of his size.

And you boo him?

<36>

qMEwlJK.gif

Too many numbers and shi* in the OP. I don't come to Sherdog to do math and figure stuff out.

TS, where the boobies at???

I think his t/e ratios, hiding from a piss test, then popping for estrogen blockers are far more damning.
It wasn't enough for jean chodes to be younger and larger than his opposition, he had to use ped's too?

I think Cormier is a beast, but let's be honest, we all want Jones back cos he brings the fucking circus...

DC didn't fear much larger opponents, he's even small in stature for a LHW. Guy is a hell of a fighter.

McGregor fought Chad Mendez and Nate Diaz on short notice, DC fought GOAT Anderson Silva on short notice and Jones...wouldn't fight Chael

...that 5 foot 11 inches tall and 72.5 inches reach Cormier fought and KOed Bigfoot Silva who just beat GOAT before while Jones ducked MW Sonnen and rematch vs. first guy of his size.

And you boo him?

<36>

We boo intelligent, articulated explosive a-level athletes.

We cheer belligerent, criminal-minded explosive a-level athletes.

This is because we fear the former, but are comfortable with the latter.

#Trumpbless
#MakeUFCgreatagain

Way out of left field.

Hey TS, go back to sleep.

P.S. You suck.

DC is a great fighters that seems to fight whoever they put in front of him, and of course people don't boo him for that.

People boo DC because of his personality. On Sherdog radio, Breen/DeSantis explained it good: DC is just like Tim Sylvia. All he wanted was to be the american hero, and to be loved by all the fans. Instead everyone ended up hating them. The more they tried to be loved, and opened their mouth, the more people hated them. Seems like a nice guy, but has a bad personality.

And you boo him?

<36>
He got booed by idiots. Then more idiots online hear that and follow suit. Follower Idiots following idiots.

DC is a great fighters that seems to fight whoever they put in front of him, and of course people don't boo him for that.

People boo DC because of his personality. On Sherdog radio, Breen/DeSantis explained it good: DC is just like Tim Sylvia. All he wanted was to be the american hero, and to be loved by all the fans. Instead everyone ended up hating them. The more they tried to be loved, and opened their mouth, the more people hated them. Seems like a nice guy, but has a bad personality.
My explanation is more accurate. DC is far more popular then tim ever was. 95% of the time DC is likable while jones is unlikable 95% of the time.

My explanation is more accurate. DC is far more popular then tim ever was. 95% of the time DC is likable while jones is unlikable 95% of the time.
I don't think he is. The percentage is probably the same. Seems like a lot of guys dislike him.

Most agree they have pretty bad personalities, but I am sure they Are both very Nice guys. It is sad that this plays a role, since both Are great fighters too. I think they would Get more fans if they kept quiet outside the cage, but they really want the positive attention, so it is not so easy. Maybe their managers/teams should help them to get media training.

And yes, I agree that people that boo fighters or other athletes are sad.

I don't think he is. The percentage is probably the same. Seems like a lot of guys dislike him.

Most agree they have pretty bad personalities, but I am sure they Are both very Nice guys. It is sad that this plays a role, since both Are great fighters too. I think they would Get more fans if they kept quiet outside the cage, but they really want the positive attention, so it is not so easy. Maybe their managers/teams should help them to get media training.

And yes, I agree that people that boo fighters or other athletes are sad.
I agree with your explanation. I used to be one of the biggest jones haters on this forum. Still not a fan of him but I actually started wanting him to win when the D.C. Rematch was coming around. D.C. Is a good fighter but I just can't stand his personality. Just hearing him speak made me want to see jones son him in the wrestling department again.

Back