Tony Ferguson Was Almost on UFC 208 But Said Khabib Needed More Time

Death By Samson

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that Ferg is willing to wait until March for Khabib. I really thought that he would say fuck it and find another opponent for January. This will be a very good fight if it finally happens.

War Eagle

EDIT:

I did not start this thread. I was the first to reply. The poster who did start the thread deleted their whole post and now it looks like I started the thread. The original opening post contained a tweet from Ferg saying that he is willing to wait until March for Khabib unless the UFC wants him to fight another opponent sooner. That is what I was replying to.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter when it happens tbh. They'll be waiting for Conor once it's over.

Another thing: I hate how many potential Conor fights we have and will continue to miss out on. The whole Conor/Nate saga, plus his insistence that 145 was dead in the water has killed so many fights. Guys like Khabib and Tony and several 145ers have to go through a murderer's row just to maaaaybe get a fight with him. As the selfish fan who wants to see every fight possible, it's lame. I wanna see Conor vs. Khabib, Ferguson. In the past, it was Frankie, Swanson, Stephens, and every other top FW.

Khabib took nearly no damage in his last fight, has he actually gotten injured since then?

Needs more time for special Dagestan medicines to work?

I'm glad to see that Ferg decided to wait until March for Khabib. I really thought that he would say fuck it and find another opponent for January. This will be a very good fight if it finally happens.

War Eagle

All of a sudden if this fight happens it becomes a bit emotional I've always like Tony and always known Khabib had that bull grind strength, but will admit I'm a mild hater but seeing him tear through Johnson, I was IN...

But but...I thought Conor was the chicken.....

Khabib Quackgomedov up in the house!

Doesn't matter when it happens tbh. They'll be waiting for Conor once it's over.

Another thing: I hate how many potential Conor fights we have and will continue to miss out on. The whole Conor/Nate saga, plus his insistence that 145 was dead in the water has killed so many fights. Guys like Khabib and Tony and several 145ers have to go through a murderer's row just to maaaaybe get a fight with him. As the selfish fan who wants to see every fight possible, it's lame. I wanna see Conor vs. Khabib, Ferguson. In the past, it was Frankie, Swanson, Stephens, and every other top FW.
You don't just book Conor fights
They have to be earned. Nate earned 2 fights with Conor, let the whole roster take notice. Conor has earned this time to sit back relax and watch his enemies eat each other.

good. this needs to be 5 rounds. have them main event a Fox card.

Jesus Christ Khabib. Can you make it ANY harder to like you? Amazing fighter, but only fights once every 2 years and then says he "needs more time" after taking barely any damage? Fuckin A man.

ZZZZZzzzzz more breaks from Khabib, if its not injuries, ramadan, opponent don't make sense, religious holidays, its always something!. Thats all he wants to do fight once or twice a year and not even that. Ferguson would choke him out and is a much more frequent fighter.

good. this needs to be 5 rounds. have them main event a Fox card.
Can't believe those fucking asshats were gonna do this as 3 rounds, and can't believe no one else has brought this up

Yet we have PVZ/Waterson & Shev/Pena headlining fox cards

You don't just book Conor fights
They have to be earned. Nate earned 2 fights with Conor, let the whole roster take notice. Conor has earned this time to sit back relax and watch his enemies eat each other.

This is exactly the problem. He's been put on a pedestal. I know how it works. But we've missed out on some quality action and will continue to do so because he's on that pedestal.

How does this negate that? They're going to fight in the pretty standard 3.5 months after their last fight.
So, bearing that in mind, how is Conor a chicken for not signing to fight Khabib within a day of knocking out Alvarez?

Back