Why isnt Mirsad Bektic more popular?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's young, American, good looking, undefeated, and finished most of his opponents.

gnizkQev.jpg

Hes about 2 wins away from a shot at Aldo's FW title

Winner of Mirsad/Edgar should get the title shot at the winner of Aldo and Pettis/Holloway winner

He got injured and everyone moved from his bandwagon, to Sage's, and now, to Platinum's.

Who da fook is that guy?

But seriously, why should he be well known? All the things you said are true, but the UFC has done zero to promote him, and it takes a lot to get on the casual fans radar.

His time will come if he keeps winning.

That's a strange towel he is wearing. Maybe that towel is why he is unpopular.

He's still pretty young and his quality of opposition hasn't been the greatest (not that it should be at this point). But I think he has the goods and whether or not he becomes champion, I think he'll be a top contender for years.

He doesn't fight frequently. Wasn't he out for a very long time prior to his last fight with an ACL injury? You have to fight very often if you're a newish guy that wants recognition. That, or be Irish.

Plus he reps Bosnia so I doubt most casuals would know he lives in America (is he a citizen?)--not that it matters, since American fans don't pick favorites based on nationality as much as foreigners do.

Too bad we never saw that fight between him and Kawajiri.

It's simple, because he doesn't whore himself and doesn't have a gimmick that speaks to the average American meathead the way Colin or Chael do.

Also we all know Mirsad is not American, or Anglo-Saxon, so that pretty much means UFC is not gonna put any effort into marketing him to the casuals, and he pretty much has to kill everyone to get noticed eventually, like Anderson Silva did.

He was out for a year, he's still a prospect but he is damn good. Will be an elite fw in a year or two.

Doesn't fight often enough, and hasn't beaten anyone of merit. He's a pleasure to watch, but since when does a win over Russell Doane, a low-end 135-er, gonna get you near the strap?

IDK... Personally I make sure to catch any event he's on and have him pegged as a contender within 2 years.

Uber talented, but out of sight out of mind comes into play. Hopefully he's the same guy after the leg injuries

He's young, American, good looking, undefeated, and finished most of his opponents.

gnizkQev.jpg

Hes about 2 wins away from a shot at Aldo's FW title

Winner of Mirsad/Edgar should get the title shot at the winner of Aldo and Pettis/Holloway winner

Wait.. is he booked to fight Edgar? Sick fight if so

I was surprised he speaks English good. I assumed he would have something like worse than Crocop/JJ accent or no English at all.

They don't seem to put his fights on free TV or put him against bigger names. It's like you have to make an effort to try to watch his bouts.

Dude isn't active enough would be my guess. I mean for example, Bektic and Chas Skelly both made their debut on the same event against each other. Since that fight, Skelly has had 6 fights. Bektic only has 3.

Back