Did Johnson give up to Khabib before Rd 3?

Frank McEdgar

=====(SHERDOG)=====
@red
Reaction score
Looks like a verbal agreement to defeat by Johnson and a celebration by khabib just before the 3rd started.

{<huh}

He refused to give up until the end. Khabib is just that damn good.

Khabib actually said he was TELLING Johnson to give up during the fight. Said he didn't want to keep smashing him. lol

He is weak, has problems where he just kinda stalls in fights.

Though I didn't watch the fight so it's hard to say if he did or not but from his previous fights, i wouldn't be surprised, when he cant get off, he just drains away

He had 2 options ...
- Loose and fight another day
- Loose, get surgery and maybe fight another day

He didn't even want to tap when his arm was about to snap off.

he should have tapped early. now khabib has his arm as a souvenir.

I don't think so, he was listening to his corner and following what they were saying with his own comments too Hoof or whatever his coaches name is

Nah, but he was sure as hell gassed as a muhfucka. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MJ has a very hard time dealing with very good wrestlers who commit to bringing the fight to the ground. Once they get him there, he's just not strong enough/busy enough to work his way back to his feet.

Just by looking at him, I can't help but think FW would be a viable option?

Nah, but he was sure as hell gassed as a muhfucka. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MJ has a very hard time dealing with very good wrestlers who commit to bringing the fight to the ground. Once they get him there, he's just not strong enough/busy enough to work his way back to his feet.

Just by looking at him, I can't help but think FW would be a viable option?
LOL @ pretending any ol' wrestler could do what Khabib did.

and he looked so good the first two min. cracked khabib and khabib said ok, thats enough stand up....
rest is history

and and to answer the OP.
no

Khabib actually said he was TELLING Johnson to give up during the fight. Said he didn't want to keep smashing him. lol
There is a video during the fight saying give up i need to fight for the title

{<huh}

He refused to give up until the end. Khabib is just that damn good.

I will have to go back and rewatch b4 I give solid commentary all I remember is Khabib grinding out MJ and me putting down the chicken wing when I saw MJ's shoulder being torqued out of joint.

LOL @ pretending any ol' wrestler could do what Khabib did.

I never said any ol' wrestler could do it. I said GOOD wrestlers/grapplers who commit to bringing him to the mat can and have beaten him. It's been done. What Khabib did to him was on another level and goes to show how much better he is than just about every other grappler in the division.

Back