I luh joo kris wai

Chramelated

The Real Guy, The Best Guy
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, Associated Press First team All Sherdog Pixelated here, giving you my thoughts on chris weidman and his latest fight. I've literally had to delete my pm's three times now because people keep me pming me, asking my thoughts on the fights. I figured it would be easier if I just made a thread, so people could stop pming me. So here they are.

Let me preface by saying that I'm the biggest weidman fan on this site. Sorry @Weidman I beat you out. A little anecdote to prove my devotion. The year is 2013, a young(er) Pixelated is at champps (not a typo, just a shitty restaurant in NC) with his boys watching UFC 162. The main event finally rolls around and Pix is almost dry heaving he's that nervous. His boot is starting to become sweaty and uncomfortable (he had sprained his ankle a few weeks prior and was in a walking boot). When the fight starts and SIlva is being a jackass and doing his clowning thing, no exaggeration, almost the entire restaurant is laughing an being jubilant and enjoying the debauchery. Everyone was like "lol, this dude has no chance, lel, what a scrub!" But not Pix, he sat there and waited patiently. Second round comes around, Silva attempts to bend his back backwards at a 90 degree angle trying to break the Guinness world record of back backward bending AND win the fight at the same time. The nerve of that guy. The shot lands, Silva falls, Chris wins. Restaurant is dead silent, you could hear a rat piss on cotton. Then a split second later, Pix, in the middle of a deadly silent restaurant is jumping up and down and screaming of joy. Everyone's looking at him, straight venom in their eyes, but he doesn't care. Fucked up ankle and all, he's clearing 10, no, 15, no, 20 feet. EASY. Crowd is still silent, in awe and anger at young Pix.

That happened, anyway, just a little story to show my fanaticism. Point being, I'm a huge fan. The Rockhold fight was hard, it was real hard mang. Especially since he was in there, arguably winning up until that point. Then one boneheaded decision and he's on his back eating elbows like Serra eats pastrami. But I knew a rematch was imminent at some point, was overjoyed when I found out it would be immediate. Then he gets injured and pulls out. And people start talking this and that and it honestly gets frustrating. Not that it's unwarranted, and not that this forum/fanbase isn't ruthless, but when you're that emotionally invested in a fighter, it sucks. Fast-forward a few months, Chris has a matchup with non other than Gay Jesus himself.

Going into this fight I was 100% confident chris would win. I was a fan of both (still am) but obviously a bigger chris fan. I honestly thought he'd win, and probably finish him in the late second or third. When that knee landed and Chris crumpled like a sack of wet shit. wew lads. Been a while since i've felt that shitty for something that doesn't involve me. It sucked for multiple reasons. Devastating way to lose. A loss that takes some fights off of someone's career. Chris is now on a 2 fight losing streak. The talk on sherdog is gonna be even more ruthless. The talk from Bisping is gonna be even more ruthless, etc. Suffice to say it sucked.

Now, moving on. A couple of questions. 1. Can/will chris ever fight for the title and win it? Some people have been saying that he looks "smaller" after USADA. Which is just bullshit, i think his size has been greatly overrated on here and is brought up by some butthurt fans (ehem, Silva). He's always had chickens legs and a bird chest. He's tall at 6'2 but he doesn't have a huge frame. I think he looks exactly the same as he always has, he's just lost to 2 really good fighters. I think he still has all of his physical tools that he's always had, so he's right there. He's right there, just has to get a good win streak going and fight more often.

Second, whom does he fight next? I've heard whittaker's name thrown around and I hope not. Holy jayzus, rob is red hot and has all the momentum in the world. Beating someone who's 0-2 in his last 2 wouldn't do much. I honestly hope they throw him a bone. Maybe Chris Camozzi? ; ) Or Brunson, that'd be a good matchup.

thoughts guys?

TL;DR I luh duh kris wai

Shut your fucking mouth you'll do nothing

Of course he can fight for/win the title again. Dude is talented as fuck.

I mean... Of course not! He's a bum, name one fighter that has lost to two guys in a row and has come back from that to win a belt or fight one. Exactly, there is none. Also, I heard the cool thing to do when a fighter loses nowadays is to post something along the lines of "I wonder why... #USADA". So... USADA bless? I don't know.

Man, sherdogging is hard.

Thee Chris eez thee bess, the Chris go for dangerous fight, eez normal. Thee Chris go for back, the Chris go for belt again, eez normal, thass eet.

<{silvanormal}>

Weidman needs a easy fight TBH but I don't know who.

Maybe Brunson or boestch to see where he is at.. could always do the rockhold rematch but that's pretty pointless if one isn't champion.

I don't think he can reach the title unless he fills in late, USADA has killed weidman like they did to Hendricks.

my thoughts are weidman will be going down the path to end up like gary goodridge if he keeps on getting his shit pushed in.

biggest joke of this thread was you thinking weidman would win against fucking ROMERO in the THIRD ROUND

he'a third round romero for a reason, you bum, and I hope you had learned it!

I'm a Pix fan and this is clearly his worst post. Give him a break it's a sad lonely night with blue balls, too much alcohol and Sherdog. Don't judge by one TLDR post!

Overrated Chris is done

Give him Kennedy next

He's too injury prone and now with usada/iv ban, he's done

he showed in the romero fight that he's still somewhat good, but how good?

and he's also made of glass, so, let's see when he actually fights

biggest joke of this thread was you thinking weidman would win against fucking ROMERO in the THIRD ROUND

he'a third round romero for a reason, you bum, and I hope you had learned it!
Exactly, it's like thinking Gus could win a number one contender match or even the title!
<33>

No doubt Weidman has what it takes to be champ again. His attitude was stellar after the Yoel defeat, so I expect him to come back strong.

Back