Holloway vs Pettis opinions

Paul Ross

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
New member on Sherdog, so I thought I would start with people's opinions on the Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis fight coming up??

Got a feeling Holloway steamrolls him here.

Pettis had his days as the most unique and dangerous striker but Holloway is no joke and has momentum on his side here.

I'd say Holloway wins a 49-46 decision, with Pettis having his moments but Holloway being too overwhelming

It's going to go either one of 2 ways.
The same way Pettis vs dos anjos went
Or
The way Pettis vs benson Henderson/Charles Olivera went.

Pettis either wins early on or loses a decision

Holloway will need to pressure Pettis at all times, and after seeing the success Oliveira had against Pettis on the feet when he was backing him up with punches - albeit most of the fight was Pettis beating the holy fuck out of Charles -, I think that Max winning a decision is very possible.

That being said, I think Pettis will starch him with a Head Kick in the second round.

I got Holloway by decision, I doubt there will be any finish in this fight, but I think Holloway will out land Pettis and win a decision

IDK, I think Pettis could be hard to handle now after getting the experience of cutting down a class for the second time. It's a 50/50 either way, IMO.

I don't like Pettis at 145 if it goes past the 2nd Round m

It's going to go either one of 2 ways.
The same way Pettis vs dos anjos went
Or
The way Pettis vs benson Henderson/Charles Olivera went.

Pettis either wins early on or loses a decision
Im thinking the same thing. Either Pettis TKO or a Holloway Decision

My gut says Pettis will get a finish, wether it's a Sub or TKO idk.

On the other hand Holloway could decision or finish him especially if Pettis gasses

I got Holloway by decision, I doubt there will be any finish in this fight, but I think Holloway will out land Pettis and win a decision

Leaning this way myself. I think Pettis has to finish early or he'll slow and Max will take over. Pettis does have the advantage on the ground though so if he can get it there that changes things. Don't really recall him looking to take much to the ground though.

I got Petis by experience. KO or UD.

Alot of people are counting pettis out after his recent skid he beat olivera in a somewhat underwhelming debut at 145lbs but this is make or break for him almost at this point which makes him more dangerous you can also make the argument he's the best fighter Holloway has fought (connor was pretty green and apparently they were both injured)

As a pettis fan I hope he's found a way to adapt to pressure fighters and can come out on top and secure a title fight to revive his career

Pettis by (t)ko. Enjoy

Thank You Sir for reminding me just how badass "Pretty Pettis" is. Holloway gets "f*ked up by monkey move kick & stuns Holloway into the cage and puts a stop to the fun run of Max..!

At least that's how I see it in my head, Conor McGregor showed me that; the 1 good thing he's done in my eyez...

Holloway by decision.

He'll be well aware of the deadly liver kicks and be on his toes the entire fight out striking Pettis.

I got Holloway. It's been a couple of years since the last time I've REALLY been impressed by Pettis and Max has been on a roll.

Back