Choi vs. Swanson Word by Word Prediction 12/6/16

ufcgoat

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Rd 1:
5:00-4:57: Choi approaches the center of octagon, and offers to touch gloves -- Swanson returns the touch.
4:57-4:00: Choi analyzes Cub's movements and maneuvers and programs into his brain the patterns and timings to land on Cub's chin.
4:00-3:00: Choi tests out his range and faints to get Swanson to react the way he wants him to.
3:00-2:00: Cub throws a looping overhand right, Choi counters with a straight right to the chin that TKO's Swanson.
:
1fhfno.gif

Ring Interview: Choi: I want Jose Aldo.

Last edited:
Choi gets overconfident, goes in for some power punches, cub counters and drops him, gets him on the ground with some gnp and wins by RNC.

Permaban TS if that doesn't happen the way he described it.

If Choi gets the finish at 1:59, you need to at least get double yellows.

Cub is an OG with a chin, only KO was a wicked flying knee from a prime Aldo. Kid might be in for more than he can handle.

It's an interesting bout. Choi stands a good chance but I don't think he has really had an opponent like cub before. Plus Cub has only really lost to the top fighters in the fw division before. I think Cub has the edge in this one.

After the fight, you guys can come back to this thread and start calling him Doo Goat Choi.

Cub is old and has lost the drive.
But the old man is still tough.

I really hope this fight delivers.
I'd be pissed if one guy wins by guillotine 30 seconds in.

That Asian dood gonna get played and koed in round one and that spiky dood from fight network gonna kill himself.

Choi's style reminds me so much of Conor. He likes to go on the offensive, and his time reaction is just from another world. He instantly reads your movements and counters perfectly with a punch or a knee. It will be very interesting to see how he does against a veteran like Cub.

I expect Choi to gain a lot of new "long time" fans after Saturday night. Really exciting prospect, but like Whitaker I expect this win to propel him further then he is ready for at this point. I hope I am wrong, and if he gets the win, they build him properly against appropriate fighters and don't just throw him in the deep end.

I expect Choi to gain a lot of new "long time" fans after Saturday night. Really exciting prospect, but like Whitaker I expect this win to propel him further then he is ready for at this point. I hope I am wrong, and if he gets the win, they build him properly against appropriate fighters and don't just throw him in the deep end.

I mean these guys don't have forever to make money and the UFC doesn't promote record padding. I thought Tavares would ride him all night. How wrong I was. It's called moving up in the rankings quickly via finishing everyone impressively. Remember when less than 10 win Weidman KOed Silva?

I mean these guys don't have forever to make money and the UFC doesn't promote record padding. I thought Tavares would ride him all night. How wrong I was. It's called moving up in the rankings quickly via finishing everyone impressively. Remember when less than 10 win Weidman KOed Silva?
Remember when Conor KO'd Dustin then fought Siver?

Cub is an OG with a chin, only KO was a wicked flying knee from a prime Aldo. Kid might be in for more than he can handle.
Durable but mediocre. Kinda like Patrick Cote. He doesn't have shit for DHC and your tiny nuts wouldn't dare back Cub in a real bet against this killer.

Durable but mediocre. Kinda like Patrick Cote. He doesn't have shit for DHC and your tiny nuts wouldn't dare back Cub in a real bet against this killer.
Cub isn't in his prime anymore but he's still better than anyone Choi has fought and has a better chin than anyone he's fought.

Rd 1:
5:00-4:57: Choi approaches the center of octagon, and offers to touch gloves -- Swanson returns the touch.
4:57-4:00: Choi analyzes Cub's movements and maneuvers and programs into his brain the patterns and timings to land on Cub's chin.
4:00-3:00: Choi tests out his range and faints to get Swanson to react the way he wants him to.
3:00-2:00: Cub throws a looping overhand right, Choi counters with a straight right to the chin that TKO's Swanson.
:
1fhfno.gif

Ring Interview: Choi: I want Jose Aldo.

Is that so :D

Back