MMA is getting more and more pussified

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
First of all, for those who forgot, that the baddest man on the planet, Fedor, weighed in vs. Bigfoot at 230 lbs, while Bigfoot, TRT monster, weighed in at 264 lbs, with cutting. Yes, Fedor was beaten, but at least he had the balls to fight man so much bigger than thim. I won't even mention Zuluzinho or Choi, as they were cans.

Nowadays, they are arguing over fucking 5 lbs, and fights can't be made because of that shit. What happened to badassery? What happened to warrior spirit? If a guy that's 10 lbs heavier than you attacks you, you will first ask him to fight at catchweight?

Yep. What about Holm? She graciously offered 136 or 138lb limit fights with Cyborg.

WTF!!!!!!!!

They're trying to make it a legitimate sport, that stuff is cool but those days are over man.

Stop giving your money to orgs who use unified rules and start supporting the orgs who are using global rules. That'd be step one in avoiding further pussification of MMA.

Conor fought at FW, LW and WW, destroyed FW and LW divisions and got the win at WW.

It's partly the UFC's fault too. Unless your name is McGregor, they aren't letting fighters move up and down as they want to. Probably because of the rankings or something.

Also, PRIDE paid their fighters really well.

Hell, the first few UFC's had NO weightclasses.

Manlets fighting 600lb Sumo wrasslers n shit.

People should just fight at their natural weight. Wouldn't THAT be fun

First of all, for those who forgot, that the baddest man on the planet, Fedor, weighed in vs. Bigfoot at 230 lbs, while Bigfoot, TRT monster, weighed in at 264 lbs, with cutting. Yes, Fedor was beaten, but at least he had the balls to fight man so much bigger than thim. I won't even mention Zuluzinho or Choi, as they were cans.

Nowadays, they are arguing over fucking 5 lbs, and fights can't be made because of that shit. What happened to badassery? What happened to warrior spirit? If a guy that's 10 lbs heavier than you attacks you, you will first ask him to fight at catchweight?

While I'm not saying Bigfoot was clean, He wasn't doing the TRT thing when he fought Fedor. The only time Bigfoot had a TRT TUE was for the first Mark Hunt fight.

Another thing worth noting is that Bigfoot had blood tests done through they Athletic Commission in order to clear him due to his condition. (Acromegaly)

Fedor also ordered stricter drug testing for the HW's as part of his conditions for participating in the Grand Prix.

UFC has become very soft, its a much softer sport than it used to be thats for sure. Remember when the ref could only stop it if the guy was knocked out cold or he tapped out?.. I used to love that.. thats what the sport is meant to be Ultimate Fighting. Now we got all these ref stoppages and nonsense. Yeah I know the sport can't exist like that so they had to make so many strict rules but its not what it was invented for!. Ian McCall wouldn't fight Scoggins because he was 5 Ibs overweight.. absoutley pathetic, not fighters, just athletes.

Stop giving your money to orgs who use unified rules and start supporting the orgs who are using global rules. That'd be step one in avoiding further pussification of MMA.

Global rules bitchez

What about when Fedor fought Dan Henderson?
goMxv8

Weight cuts are extremely taxing on the body. I see what you're saying, but due to that simple fact, I feel the same rules should apply to every fighter rather than giving a huge cushion which would somewhat defeat the purpose of making weight. Some fighters just shouldn't be cutting 30 lbs to make weight. Those are the ones who usually fail by the time they step on the scale.

Weight matters more at lighter weights. Are you that dumb?

UFC needs an open weight division.

Back