Holly Holm's manager: We agreed to fight Cyborg but only at 136 or 138 lbs

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So they agreed to fight Cyborg and even gave her a 1 lb weight advantage? How generous. :D

Interesting change from what she was saying after she beat Ronda.

"We make decisions as a team," Fresquez said. "We accepted the Cyborg fight up to a certain weight limit. On two different occasions, we went up on weight, and [Cyborg] turned them down."

Fresquez said Holm agreed to fight Cybrog at 136 and then 138 pounds, but to no avail.

"We did that as a team. As a team, we didn't want to go up as high 145 pounds."

"I know with the UFC, they don't have that division," Holm said. "So, if that was something that they were going to put together, I'm not against it. I'm open to it."

"I'm not against options for other fights," Holm said. "I don't know how high I would go. I have fought at heavier weights in boxing. It kind of changes things with MMA, because there's wrestling. Boxing, I think, is a little different, because you're not dealing with somebody's strength and weight on you as far as wrestling and grappling. But I do feel like I'm a bigger 135er. I don't know. I guess I would just have to see if whatever would unfold if that was an option."

"I love Cyborg," Holm said. "She's awesome. I finally got to get to know her this year. Whatever Cyborg wants to do, I support it. You want to stay at a heavier weight, you don't want to go to 140? Whatever she wants to do, I'm all about it. I haven't really thought about it too much."

ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

So does this completely wreck what Dana just said about the UFC offering a fight for the 145 title with Holly? It's not like Dana doesn't have priors.. @Peteyandjia

WTH does she really feel 7 pounds will be the difference between winning and losing? Its not like holm has much to lose.

wmma is so pointless.

So does this completely wreck what Dana just said about the UFC offering a fight for the 145 title with Holly? It's not like Dana doesn't have priors.. @Peteyandjia

Both are true. They offered Cyborg 145 title fight against Holly, she turned it down, and Holly turned it down, supposedly Holly wanted to but Winkeljohn said no. Then they offered Cyborg to fight Germaine instead, 145 title fight, and she turned that down as well

The fuck with that 138 number just say 140.. makes you look bad when you start pulling those numbers out of your ass.

Nope ... watch the interview.

He said the offered Holms at 145lbs ... Cyborg turned it down and then Holm's manager also turned it down.

He said that. Get informed.

The hate for Dana on this board is ridiculously.

I think Holly has a bad management team.

So basically they "took" the fight but gave stipulations that they knew would never happen.

Both are true. They offered Cyborg 145 title fight against Holly, she turned it down, and Holly turned it down, supposedly Holly wanted to but Winkeljohn said no. Then they offered Cyborg to fight Germaine instead, 145 title fight, and she turned that down as well

Wonder if Cybro is cycling..

tumblr_mcqrcrpalv1r7rk26.gif

I mean the question has to be asked because this seems suspicious. On the other hand Dana isn't exactly reputable. Were contracts offered to Holm and Germaine for 145lb title fights and has that been confirmed through both girls respectively?

Nope ... watch the interview.

He said the offered Holms at 145lbs ... Cyborg turned it down and then Holm's manager also turned it down.

He said that. Get informed.

The hate for Dana on this board is ridiculously.

tumblr_inline_o4jpu2GFjd1srasez_500.gif

So the fight againts Holm at 145 was never on the table, as Dana implied. Vasquez just contradicted him. It was a catch weight bout all this time..

Wonder if Cybro is cycling..

tumblr_mcqrcrpalv1r7rk26.gif

I mean the question has to be asked because this seems suspicious. On the other hand Dana isn't exactly reputable. Were contracts offered to Holm and Germaine for 145lb title fights and has that been confirmed through both girls respectively?

Cyborg confirmed that she wants to wait until March to 'recover' from a weight cut from September.

So Holly didn't want to fight her at 145. Cyborg didn't want to fight this soon. And Dana White said she's willing to fight Cyborg at 145.

Back