Cejudo, where was the wrestling?!

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing about Brunson too, but he actually went for some takedowns against Whittaker.

Did I miss something? Did Joe stuff some early take downs?
If Cejudo at least went for some takedowns he could have set up his striking even better, and might have got a ko.
Perfect example is Cain. He torments you with takedowns, and if you defend, he rough's you up with strikes.

If I want to see Kickboxing, I'll watch Glory.

I hope these MMA fighters don't forget to actually do MMA. Trying to please the fans and get bonuses could get you cut from the UFC, or worse still a concussion and medical suspension.

Afraid of the Joa Constrictor

I saw him try for a few TDs early.

He seemed to abandon it after a few stuffs though.

Benavidez stuffed his TDs very quickly and confidently so that lessened Cejudo's ability to set up his strikes with it.

Can't threaten somebody with something they arent worried about.

The guy with three years of boxing was lighting up the Bang Ludwig protege. Why fall back on his base? lol

WHY wrestle when you're SMACKING around your opponent with ease?

#ROBBERY

I think Joe was a little too quick and slippery for him to get a good hold of. He tried a few but was very unsuccessful and probably got discouraged

Cain had the cardio to do it. Not many people can do it. Going for TDs and not being able to get them can make you gassed really fast.

If it was easy to do what Cain does, more people would.

Also, he was doing fine on the feet and I think he won the fight or you can also say no one won it, but he looked like the better fighter in there for sure.

Nothing new here. Every wrestler thinks he's a boxer once he starts MMA.

They know that most of the fans will bitch and complain if they dont brawl like idiots.

#CloseFightWithaPointDeduction
That would be true if it was a tie or he lost by a point. Buy 30-26? C'mon!!!

Only the first judge got it right at 27-29. I wouldn't be mad if it was 28-28 either.

The guy with three years of boxing was lighting up the Bang Ludwig protege. Why fall back on his base? lol
1) Pretty sure he had more than 3 years of boxing. Wasn't he a Golden gloves champ or something.
2)He lost. So maybe a few takedowns could have swayed the balance.

I think Joe was a little too quick and slippery for him to get a good hold of. He tried a few but was very unsuccessful and probably got discouraged

Your probably right, which is even more disappointing considering Cejudo is a Olympic gold medalist.

If Henry was dominating Joe on the feet, he must have had more than one opportunity to get a clean takedown right?

It confuses the hell out of Mr when a wrestler forgets he's a wrestler. Yes you can KO people but that's because they're scared of the TD and that leaves them vulnerable to bring damaged via striking.

TJ would be champ if he went grapple heavy against Cruz instead of pretending to be Bang #2.

Having said that I thought cejudo won but the fight should have been a draw (28-28) because of the point deduction.

yeah, what was up with the 30 - 26 judge ?? seriously ?

What was that guy watching....?

Cain had the cardio to do it. Not many people can do it. Going for TDs and not being able to get them can make you gassed really fast.

If it was easy to do what Cain does, more people would.

Also, he was doing fine on the feet and I think he won the fight or you can also say no one won it, but he looked like the better fighter in there for sure.
But a gold medal Olympic wrestler though? That's his bread and butter. I'm not saying he should be relentless with his TD's, but if he was doing so well with the striking he would have found at least a few opportunities to get a clean takedown if he actually implemented that into his gameplan.

He just seemed to get K1 happy, as I've seen him do in his previous fights.

Back