Bless MMAAA. I'm rooting for yall!

arcadehero

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I do hope these fighters got some justice. Majority of these fighters are struggling to just get by. Yes I know some of the big stars are making a huge killing but the UFC as an organization would not exist if they only had a couple of big stars and no one else on their roaster.

I hope the MMAAA gets justice for all fighters. It will be better for the sport. More talent will develop because it will become an actual profession that can put food on the table.

I know this is sherdog and some will prob flame me and tell me to go eat horse shit, but seriously I know some fighters who put their body at risk and can't even afford good health insurance. This can't be called a professional sport if u can't even afford to get your injuries taking care of, not to mention put food on the table.

without the fighters the UFC would only be three letters.
GSP

I do hope these fighters got some justice. Majority of these fighters are struggling to just get by. Yes I know some of the big stars are making a huge killing but the UFC as an organization would not exist if they only had a couple of big stars and no one else on their roaster.

I hope the MMAAA gets justice for all fighters. It will be better for the sport. More talent will develop because it will become an actual profession that can put food on the table.

I know this is sherdog and some will prob flame me and tell me to go eat horse shit, but seriously I know some fighters who put their body at risk and can't even afford good health insurance. This can't be called a professional sport if u can't even afford to get your injuries taking care of, not to mention put food on the table.

Honestly the fighters will never be happy because in mma we here from the middle of the packers and bottom feeders who complain they cant make a living.And there is no way that they will ever make millions off mma like they want.Sure it could be a little better especially for the bottom guys,but they will never all be earning 100k a fight etc there simply isnt the money in the sport for just 1 entity to do that.

I hope people realise that this is just CAA funding the downfall of MMA, you shouldn't be rooting for it if you love MMA and particularly the UFC.

I don't know if this group can pull anything out but I'm rooting for anyone who tries........

I hope people realise that this is just CAA funding the downfall of MMA, you shouldn't be rooting for it if you love MMA and particularly the UFC.
You're the worst new poster

The fighters have been upset for a long time. They just didn't have the money to do anything about it. And they can't speak up because they will get cut. It took 2 media giants to butt heads for one of them to fork over the money to back up the fighter. This is a good thing for the fighters. Don't be so selfish, think for the athletes bruh

Honestly the fighters will never be happy because in mma we here from the middle of the packers and bottom feeders who complain they cant make a living.And there is no way that they will ever make millions off mma like they want.Sure it could be a little better especially for the bottom guys,but they will never all be earning 100k a fight etc there simply isnt the money in the sport for just 1 entity to do that.
But should fighters who fight 3 times a year be struggling to pay bills? Especially if they win all 3 fights? Come on.

The biggest issue is the Reebok deal imo. Let the fighters make their own sponsors again. Let them try and supplement their income. Don't insult them by taking away $10,000 per fight and giving them literally 1/4 of it back in "Reebok pay" - that's bullshit. Bump the minimum pay to 12k/12k and give them sponsors again. Apparently the company is worth $4 billion. It's about goddamn time all of their employees make a decent wage.

It's the ground work and it's a start. Personaly I'm very much looking forward to what it'll bring. At the moment, I'm a bit more looking forward to seeing what happens when Couture represents fighters before Congress on Thursday re: the Muhammad Ali Expansion Act. The final outcome could change a shitload of things in MMA.

I Wonder What they hope to achieve? They can probably get rid of USADA, but that is about it.

There is no real fix in this sport or any other individual sport where said individual may be average and just getting a spot to fill a slot (on a fight card). Boxers, tennis players, and other individual sports are no different with the up and coming have to claw their way to the top. Every job has positions that guys have to climb, fighting is no different.

I believe this new association has the very best intentions. They want to balance the scales. It is the fighter who puts their neck on the line, it is the fighter who risks their very life in that cage, it is the fighter who puts butts in seats. The suits don't do that shit....they organize the dance but it is the fighter who is out there entertaining the masses. So fuck Caeser in this case and pay the fair share to those who risk it all every day...the fighter. Top brass riding around in luxury cars, with expense accounts, while the fighter are the ones providing the opportunity for those execs to live the way they do. It should be 50/50 period. The suits arrange the business, sponsors and promotion while the fighters do the rest (the real hard work).

If a fighter who genuinely sucks and no one wants to watch gets 50 split with the promotion, cut that fighter after a shitty fight to avoid those type of fighters making good money just for getting in the cage.

These five fighters have the biggest balls to step up and do what they are doing. I have no idea what the outcome will be but something had to give, just not sure if it will give now or years later.

But should fighters who fight 3 times a year be struggling to pay bills? Especially if they win all 3 fights? Come on.

The biggest issue is the Reebok deal imo. Let the fighters make their own sponsors again. Let them try and supplement their income. Don't insult them by taking away $10,000 per fight and giving them literally 1/4 of it back in "Reebok pay" - that's bullshit. Bump the minimum pay to 12k/12k and give them sponsors again. Apparently the company is worth $4 billion. It's about goddamn time all of their employees make a decent wage.

The min is now 10k/10k id personally like to see it be more a 15/5.

And as for the reebok deal yes its crap,but there is a lot of guys it has benefited,someone like Joe b said he barely got any sponsors for a title fight,add in half the time they never see the promised money,a deal like reebok is needed for the fighters.And if its true the deal has been a home run for reebok,so the next deal they do should hopefully be for triple the money which would give the fighters even more money.

The fighters have been upset for a long time. They just didn't have the money to do anything about it. And they can't speak up because they will get cut. It took 2 media giants to butt heads for one of them to fork over the money to back up the fighter. This is a good thing for the fighters. Don't be so selfish, think for the athletes bruh
You think CAA gives a shit about fighters? They want their biggest rivals to waste a 4 billion investment, which means fucking with what makes them so successful, best constantly fighting the best and customer demand.
explain your position

People are so desperate to see the UFC and particularly Dana get their comeuppance that they're blind to how detrimental it would be on a grand scale, and for what? Dana still has around half a billion that he can easily live the rest of his life on.

a deal like reebok is needed for the fighters
If it's costing them money? No, it's not needed.

Plenty of fighters report losing tens of thousands of dollars due to the Reebok deal. GSP wouldn't come back because he'd be losing millions from his other sponsors. A deal like that? Definitely not needed. A deal that pays them fairly? Alright, that's one thing. If they're making a fair deal from it, fine. But they're not. And fighters have been complaining since day one. They had literally no say in the Reebok deal or the terms or anything. Contracts they signed before the Reebok deal allowed them to have sponsors; the UFC revoked that right without providing adequate compensation - a potential breach of contract (which is why they likely won't challenge GSP if he tests free angency - they do not want to go down that road).

I feel for Joe B., and I'm glad he's happy with it, but he's literally the only one who has said anything positive about the deal (aside from some fighters who have individual sponsorships with Reebok). Rory MacDonald refused to re-sign with the UFC because of the money he knew he'd lose as a result. So did Benson Henderson and numerous others - and these are people making the top amount of Reebok money because they're former champions and former title challengers. Imagine how it is for people on the fight pass prelims making the bare minimum.

Note to self......MMA is not a financially rewarding career.

Stay in school kids.

Love watching the "Where are they Now" episodes on Fight Pass. Smart fighters make smart moves for the future. Not cry on Twitter.

People are so desperate to see the UFC and particularly Dana get their comeuppance that they're blind to how detrimental it would be on a grand scale, and for what? Dana still has around half a billion that he can easily live the rest of his life on.

You think CAA gives a shit about fighters? They want their biggest rivals to waste a 4 billion investment, which means fucking with what makes them so successful, best constantly fighting the best and customer demand.

You seriously can't be this confused with whats happening here.

Back