Is McGregor good for the sport?

Da Killa

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Honest questions.

Has the PPV and general viewership gone up for events not related to McGregor?

That is what is meant by him being good for the sport right? That he is generating more interest in general for MMA and not just himself.

GOAT for the sport and it's not even close.

He isn't good for sherdog, let alone the sport

In this sport, all that matters is if you can fight.
He obviously CAN so how he represents it or the revenue he brings in doesn't really matter.

I think most people are just annoyed by the fact that he brings in fans similar to these 2 neckbeards RAKING UP 5k worth of posts per year :

Yes. Best Eva

GOAT for the sport and it's not even close.

LEL, but it's not Connie's fault guys like these gravitate towards his antics.

<28>

Last edited:
In this sport, all that matters is if you can fight.
He obviously CAN so how he represents it or the revenue he brings in doesn't really matter.

I think most people are just annoyed by the fact that he brings in fans similar to these 2 neckbeards RAKING UP 5k worth of posts per year :

LEL, but it's not Connie's guys like these gravitate towards his antics.

<28>

Me posting a lot has more to do with me getting a job where I work from home 75% of the time 2 years ago more than Conor. Even though he is the best eva

He is turning UFC into a circus and only bringing in wwe type douche bags..Fuck Conor and the nerds that hang from his nuts....

Apparently not, considering he got choked out earlier this year.

Last edited:
How can you have joined in 2001 and only be a green belt...

I love Conor and the style which he fights, but I sure hope people don't start hopping out of the ring and grabbing chairs.

he has definitely brought more attention and more viewership to the sport.

some might argue it's the wrong attention. dissecting that argument and all it's counterarguments would be a thesis.

he has definitely brought more attention and more viewership to the sport. undeniably.

some might argue it's the wrong attention. dissecting that argument and all it's counterarguments would be a thesis.

Counter question would be, "How has he been bad for the sport?" Aside from the antics. (I certainly do not want to create another Conor thread).

My Doctor told me McGregor could cure athletes foot, so fook yea he is good for sport.

Honest questions.

Has the PPV and general viewership gone up for events not related to McGregor?

That is what is meant by him being good for the sport right? That he is generating more interest in general for MMA and not just himself.
He brought in a lot of retarded casuals. He's great for business.

The short answer? Yes.

Mendes, Aldo, Nate (especially) and Alvarez all notched career high 7 figure paydays because of the eyeballs conor brings to the sport.

If you're a fan of any of those guys, you should be glad for that.

Also, guys who fight on events he headlines get greater exposure as well.

Having superstar athletes is very healthy for any sport.

Back