Sean Shelby: Max Holloway vs Doo Ho Choi was supposed to happen at UFC Portland Oct 1

Cowboy Cerroliveira

Porra Caralho! Saddle up!
@Brown
Reaction score

According to Sean Shelby, the fight fell through because Choi's visa would not have been processed in time.

Man that would have been an awesome fight.

For shits and giggles...WHO YOU GOT?! I love Max, but DHC is so gooooooooood.

Much rather have had that fight then Holloway vs Pettis

A bit early for Choi imo, give him time to build himself up

I'm glad it didn't happen.

Last thing Max needs right now is ANOTHER non-top3 fight, after fighting #3-#12 fighters in his last 2627288 fights, and beating them

He had to be in a title fight at this point, period.

If Choi beats Cub, give him a title eliminator against Frankie, after Pettis/Holloway winner.

Last thing Max needs right now is ANOTHER non-top3 fight, after fighting #3-#12 fighters in his last 2627288 fights, and beating them

This. It should have been Aldo vs Holloway.

Why on earth would they make Doo Ho Choi vs Max???

This. It should have been Aldo vs Holloway.

Why on earth would they make Doo Ho Choi vs Max???
Holloway is one of those fighters, like T-Ferg, who says "If I have to win another fight, so be it...I know I'll get my title shot." I respect that attitude, but sometimes one needs to put their foot down and wait for the champ to get ready.

Holloway is one of those fighters, like T-Ferg, who says "If I have to win another fight, so be it...I know I'll get my title shot." I respect that attitude, but sometimes one needs to put their foot down and wait for the champ to get ready.
I know, that's why he's one of my favorite fighters. You never here him complain. He said it nicely in the Countdown. 'Each fight I'm 1-0'

That's a fucking retarded fight if take into account that Holloway has beaten a shit ton of top contenders in his last few fights, let Choi beat a couple of top 10 dudes before throwing him to the Holloway.

It would be one hell of a fight though.

That's a fucking retarded fight if take into account that Holloway has beaten a shit ton of top contenders in his last few fights, let Choi beat a couple of top 10 dudes before throwing him to the Holloway.

It would be one hell of a fight though.

I feel as if the UFC wants to transfer Holloway's momentum to Choi who, along with Conor, is a KO god and KO gods draw. Holloway is indeed a winner but let's be honest here...he couldn't draw Lindsay Lohan to a cocaine festival.

This. Not sure how is it logical after you beat top5 fighter in Ricardo with 30-27 on scorecards and then fight unknown Korean guy who is ranked 14 or 15

Would have been a great fight, but that is a HUGE step up for Choi. Not saying he couldn't pull it off but...Max is one win from a title shot. Does Choi have any top 15 wins at this point? Swanson is a big step up for him, and Swanson isn't in contention at this point.

Back