2016: Your top 10 most anticipated fights VS the reality

Doog Doogson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just a curiosity, how often do your expectations in the UFC live up to the reality.

Half of mine were cancelled and only 3 of the remaining 5 were a good watch.

Lawler vs Condit - 10/10
Alvarez vs McGregor - 9/10
Stipe vs Overeem - 8/10
Rory vs Wonderboy - 4/10
Hunt vs Lesnar - 2/10
Rockhold vs Weidman - cancelled
RDA vs McGregor - cancelled
Khabib vs Ferguson - cancelled
Cormier vs Jones x2 - cancelled x2
Cowboy vs Lawler - cancelled

Fights i'm most looking forward to yet to come
DHC vs Cub
Cain vs Werdum

I more or less agree with yours but not Alvarez vs McGregor - 9/10 as it was so one sided, I'd go more 4/10.
Great result for Conor and a great win for him but not a great fight to watch.

Hendo vs Bisping - 9/10?

I more or less agree with yours but not Alvarez vs McGregor - 9/10 as it was so one sided, I'd go more 4/10.
Great result for Conor and a great win for him but not a great fight to watch.

Hendo vs Bisping - 9/10?

Fair enough but I thought it was amazing to see a guy put on a masterclass against the champion. I can't remember a challenger ever being so dominant

Can't say I was really looking forward to Bisping / Hendo at the time though it did turn out great

Fair enough but I thought it was amazing to see a guy put on a masterclass against the champion. I can't remember a challenger ever being so dominant

Can't say I was really looking forward to Bisping / Hendo at the time though it did turn out great

Yeah fair point, it was an impressive performance. I was just far happier after the Aldo win as that was a 'what just happened' sort of moment but I thought Eddie would give him a fight so I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't that.

With Bisping vs Hendo, maybe it's a British thing, first British belt holder gets to fight at home against the guy who knocked him out in the biggest UFC to that point. It was the fight I wanted to see after he beat Rockhold anyway. I get why people didn't like Hendo being his opponent but for me it was the only fight for the UFC to make after 199.

Apparently you haven't seen Anderson-Franklin, Jones-Shogun, Cain-Lesnar, Rampage-Chuck, Machida-Rashad, Joanna-Carla, Holly-Ronda.....

Hunt taking a beating from Lesnar was great.

Top 3:

Jones vs Cormier - 7/10
Rockhold vs Weidman - 7/10
McGregor vs Aldo - 15/10

RDA vs Conor - cancelled
Khabib vs Ferguson - cancelled
Jones vs DC - cancelled
WB vs Rory - 5/10
Cowboy vs Lawler - cancelled
Cruz vs TJ - 8/10
Aldo vs Frankie - 7/10

upcoming: