Dana: Surprised Cowboy didn't call him first before fighter association

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
On the UFC podcast Dana said Cowboy never held a belt in the UFC or WEC, only headlined three fight nights and called Dana when he got into trouble on a boat a few years ago. Dana said he spent a $100k on a criminal defense attorney for Cowboy to clear the mess up and Cerrone couldn't give him a call to at least give him a heads up.

Said that's the only thing that surprised him over the announcement last week.

Donald Cerrone was never my friend - Dana

On the UFC podcast Dana said Cowboy never held a belt in the UFC or WEC, only headlined three fight nights and called Dana when he got into trouble on a boat a few years ago. Dana said he spent a $100k on a criminal defense attorney for Cowboy to clear the mess up and Cerrone couldn't give him a call to at least give him a heads up.

Said that's the only thing that surprised him over the announcement last week.
Not surprising that Dana would act both as if he gets the raw end of contracts and reveal some shitty personal info about a fighter just to say fuck you.

How will your fragile heart recover from this, Dana?

Cowboy owes him nothing, he jumps in at every opportunity and puts on a show.

If anything he should be paid more

They will stop giving Cowboy short notice fight?

Dana should understand; it's business. It's also pretty shitty to reveal details about a private situation involving Cowboy.

Not surprising that Dana would act both as if he gets the raw end of contracts and reveal some shitty personal info about a fighter just to say fuck you.
It also seems like he's trying to dismiss Cowboy by saying he's never won a title. Cerrone has been a staple of Zuffa for a long time and has consistently saved cards and stepped up in the past. Remember when he fought Benson a week after Jury? He also risked his title shot against Makdessi when the Khabib fight fell through again.

giphy.gif

Dana pretending to be hurt while he studies the Margaret Thatcher handbook 'how to destroy a union' hahaha.

I'm just kidding, I have no fucking clue what's going on. But in a capitalist society, I'm always more suspicious of the pimp than the hoes.

You mean the “private situation” that was made public years ago that we all knew about?

Cowboy owes him nothing, he jumps in at every opportunity and puts on a show.

If anything he should be paid more

That's how Cowboy likes it though from all his interviews.

He likes taking on fights right away with short training camps.

More money ... less of the not so fun parts.

Cowboy is one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC and often steps in at late notice, fuck Dana the hut.

Fight promoter gonna sleazebag. At least he's consistent.

Back