Conor vs Khabib is a dark age fight

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor vs Khabib might be the most one dimensional title fight in recent memory. Both guys have one gameplan: Khabib spams takedowns and Conor Spams left hands. The one who will lose this fight is the one who will be forced to show another dimension in their game. Whose one dimensional game will be exposed?

Historically fights between one dimensional strikers and grapplers tend to favor the grapplers. This is truly a throwback to the dark ages, I feel like Keith hackney and Art Jimmerson should be extended invitations to attend this fight as special guests and representatives of the dark ages.

Sure would, I love it! Conor vs Urian Hall would be THE dark age fight. It would look like Ali vs Inoki, but with a few lethal hook kicks from both fighters.

Frank-Underwood-Closing-Door-House-of-Cards.gif

Conor vs Khabib might be the most one dimensional title fight in recent memory. Both guys have one gameplan: Khabib spams takedowns and Conor Spams left hands. The one who will lose this fight is the one who will be forced to show another dimension in their game. Whose one dimensional game will be exposed?

Historically fights between one dimensional strikers and grapplers tend to favor the grapplers. This is truly a throwback to the dark ages, I feel like Keith hackney and Art Jimmerson should be extended invitations to attend this fight as special guests and representatives of the dark ages.

Well i think you under estimate Conor's ground game and Khabib's striking. They are not high level but they are not amateur either.

Fail. Hackney and jimmerson are both strikers. A free ticket should be offered to an ancient of each side you goof.

Cya later macalpinerules. See you in your next thread.

Another day, another horseshit macalpine thread

Sure would, I love it! Conor vs Urian Hall would be THE dark age fight. It would look like Ali vs Inoki, but with a few lethal hook kicks from both fighters.

Conor's kicking game is one of the most ineffectives

"Conor Spams left hands." All those fighters spamming with the right hand should take notice. The left is the key to success.

FLLuL.gif

Real dark age when they are beating the piss out of supposedly more well-rounded fighters.

Conor is more well-rounded than Khabib imo. Even tho I know Khabib has more KOs(TKOs) than Conor has submission wins.

The superbowl is such a one dimensional game. One team tries to put the ball in the other team's endzone, and the other team tries to do the same.

That's how you sound OP.

Well i think you under estimate Conor's ground game and Khabib's striking. They are not high level but they are not amateur either.
I'll never understand people giving credit to fighters for things you've never seen any proof of.

What have you seen from Conor that makes you think he has a good ground game? What have you seen from Khabib that makes you think he has good striking?

If it was a scale of Artem Lobov to Demian Maia, Conor is a whole lot closer to Artem in his grappling ability.

Same for Khabib, on a scale of Khalib Starnes to Anderson Silva, he's a whole lot closer to Starnes.

Neither of these guys are good in those areas, wake up.

I agree with TS Joey Diaz though.

The winner will be the guy who implements his strength first. If Conor can rock Khabib or stop him from getting close early, he has a great chance to win. On the other hand if Khabib gets a hold of Conor, then Conor is totally fucked. I think there is more chance of Nurmagomedov taking a flush left than Conor surviving that man's grappling.

Horrible fight for Conor, a fight he will never ever take.

Love this fight.

I've also found myself coming to a similar conclusion but more because of the personalities of the two.

From Conor's talk to Aldo where he told him that Aldo will die in Portuguese... to Khabib's non-screaming pleas to michael johnson to quit because it was already over.

Shiiiiiiiiiit, I'm turning homosexual just thinking back on it haha

Savages, the pair of them. I imagine their stared down will be as epic as Wanderlei vs Cro Cop

I'll never understand people giving credit to fighters for things you've never seen any proof of.

What have you seen from Conor that makes you think he has a good ground game? What have you seen from Khabib that makes you think he has good striking?

If it was a scale of Artem Lobov to Demian Maia, Conor is a whole lot closer to Artem in his grappling ability.

Same for Khabib, on a scale of Khalib Starnes to Anderson Silva, he's a whole lot closer to Starnes.

Neither of these guys are good in those areas, wake up.

I said neither are amateur level which is the truth. Go watch their fights again because you are being brain dead.

Khabib has hurt people on the feet. Conor has grappled on the ground with Holloway. Escaped a guillotine from Mendes. I will never say that Khabib is a high level striker or Conor is high level on the ground as it they will never get there and they don't need to.

But to say they are terrible is just inaccurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back