Rampage vs Shogun

TouchofDeath

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the interview, Rampage says he fought Shogun at a bad time.

Does anyone know what he was going through cos Shogun beat him bad?

In the interview, Rampage says he fought Shogun at a bad time.

Does anyone know what he was going through cos Shogun beat him bad?

Starving himself, in general not eating right I believe.

He later admitted to staying up all hours overdosing on energy drinks. Similar thing happened around the time of the Griffin bout, when he lost - he took it bad. He even had that whole highway chase incident.

Rampage's injuries also starting occurring around the time of the Rua fight, he was far from fully fit.

"I should have pulled out of our 1st fight but my pride wouldn't let me. I will never fight injured again, this loss still haunts me."

The Rampage that fought Hendo would have been the only Rampage that I would pick over Shogun.

appears that Rampage had some injuries when he fought Shogun... Would like to see Page vs Shogun 2 though.

Starving himself, in general not eating right I believe.

He later admitted to staying up all hours overdosing on energy drinks. Similar thing happened around the time of the Griffin bout, when he lost - he took it bad. He even had that whole highway chase incident.

Rampage's injuries also starting occurring around the time of the Rua fight, he was far from fully fit.

"I should have pulled out of our 1st fight but my pride wouldn't let me. I will never fight injured again, this loss still haunts me."

Who would win then, prime Rampage vs prime Shogun?

rampage beats shogun now tbh I wish they would just let him back to ufc

rampage beats shogun now tbh I wish they would just let him back to ufc

That would be the best fight for both guys. Shogun shud retire ASAP after that. Both have nothing left to prove.

I agree, Rampage is the second greatest LHW imo
I would have to take Shogun and Jones at least, over Rampage.

I think he's top 5, there is an argument for higher though for sure. He has to be above Liddell and Ortiz, I'd have him over Machida - it's the new breed like Johnson and Cormier that make me reconsider.

Wanderlei was also a 185lb fighter, who was fighting at 205lbs - a lot of credit for that.

Who would win then, prime Rampage vs prime Shogun?
Prime Shogun is arguably the best fighter I've ever seen.

So I'd take Shogun.

If they were to fight now, I think Shogun would win also. They should have had that rematch about 3-4 years ago, it was perfect timing for it and I think Rampage would have stood a chance, a big chance!

I would have to take Shogun and Jones at least, over Rampage.

I think he's top 5, there is an argument for higher though for sure. He has to be above Liddell and Ortiz, I'd have him over Machida - it's the new breed like Johnson and Cormier that make me reconsider.

Wanderlei was also a 185lb fighter, who was fighting at 205lbs - a lot of credit for that.

Tbh I think prime Rampage would beat Rumble but the DC fight would be hard.

Prime Shogun is arguably the best fighter I've ever seen.

So I'd take Shogun.

If they were to fight now, I think Shogun would win also. They should have had that rematch about 3-4 years ago, it was perfect timing for it and I think Rampage would have stood a chance, a big chance!

Shogun in his prime was a beast but he has some bad losses after his prime, probably cos of his knee injuries but I think Rampage could have beaten him then and now for sure.

Im a huge fan of both guys. If rampage was injured in that fight, im not sure hed beat shogun since wand beat him twice using the same thai clinch tactic that shogun used. I think chute boxe had rampage's number. Shogun was the best lhw at the time as well. Id still like to see a rematch todaythough.

Im a huge fan of both guys. If rampage was injured in that fight, im not sure hed beat shogun since wand beat him twice using the same thai clinch tactic that shogun used. I think chute boxe had rampage's number
I wonder if Rampage learned the clinch game after all these years, lol... I still hope we see this Rematch down the line.

I personally don't think anyone would have beaten that version of Shogun.

Shogun in his prime was a beast but he has some bad losses after his prime, probably cos of his knee injuries but I think Rampage could have beaten him then and now for sure.
Yeah, Rampage under performed badly in his fight against Shogun... I think that first knee to the Ribs took Quinton out of the fight tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back