I'm not sold on Doo Ho Choi

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
8 straight KO's is impressive, but who has he really beaten? Sam Sicilia and Thiago Taraves. Average fighters who have been exchanging wins and losses.

I'm not hating on the guy. He's looked good so far, but I simply haven't seen enough of him to be sold. Choi is fast, but Swanson has more weapons, and more experience. I see Swanson winning 30-27.

If Choi can get through this one I'll be more inclined to see him as a real threat at 145.

Last edited:
we will find out with the swanson fight but idk where goes from there doesn't deserve edgar but who knows I say after this do lamas vs choi

that's why he's fighting cub, we'll see what he's really got.

Classic "who has he really beaten argument?" No up and comer starts out having beaten world class fighters. Still you judge them by their skill and their performances and thoerycraft how far they will go. Imo from what ive seen I think he can beat Swanson.

Sam Sicilia is a sold win since he is a KO artist too

8 straight KO's is impressive, but who has he really beaten? Sam Sicilia and Thiago Taraves. Average fighters who have been exchanging wins and losses.

I'm not hating on the guy. He's looked good so far, but I simply haven't seen enough of him to be sold. Choi is fast, but Swanson is has more weapons, and more experience. I see Swanson winning 30-27.

If Choi can get through this one I'll be more inclined to see him as a real threat at 145.

Of course, you're only really ever one step better than the last guy you beat. Cub is a legit top several fighter, so you've gotta give him the edge. It would be refreshing to see an Asian prospect live up to the hype though.

You probably wouldn't recognize talent even if Joe Rogan pointed it out for you.

<{cruzshake}>

that's why he's fighting cub, we'll see what he's really got.

I get that. But people are acting like this is an easy fight for him and already talking about what's next.

Classic "who has he really beaten argument?" No up and comer starts out having beaten world class fighters. Still you judge them by their skill and their performances and thoerycraft how far they will go. Imo from what ive seen I think he can beat Swanson.

As I said, he's looked impressive thus far. You have to look at both performances and opponents to be objective.

I'm not hating on the guy. He's looked good so far, but I simply haven't seen enough of him to be sold. Choi is fast, but Swanson is has more weapons, and more experience. I see Swanson winning 30-27.

I sold because it's the way he's knocking guys out with ones and twos down the pipe. He doesn't waste punches. He called out Cub for a reason. He sees holes in his game,but mostly importantly he's hoping Cub will just stand with him. But I do get your post.

Last edited:
I don't know, Superboy looks pretty special to me. His instincts are on point. And he's extremely calm in there.

Cub is a well-rounded veteran, but I think we might have a future Champion on our hands here.

You probably wouldn't recognize talent even if Joe Rogan pointed it out for you.

<{cruzshake}>

I feel as though I DO have a knack for spotting talent. I was high on Jones and Conor from the start of their UFC careers. I think he's talented but I don't think he's developed his whole MMA game and against a guy like Swanson that will likely be exposed.

I don't know, Superboy looks pretty special to me. His instincts are on point. And he's extremely calm in there.

Cub is a well-rounded veteran, but I think we might have a future Champion on our hands here.

If I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but this is one hype train I think might get derailed.

I get that. But people are acting like this is an easy fight for him and already talking about what's next.

As I said, he's looked impressive thus far. You have to look at both performances and opponents to be objective.
Well sometimes you can't though. Every world class fighter out there started out not having faced top competition. If that distracts from their skill you can't make predictions about anyone new to the scene. Like if you said Fedor wouldn't beat Nog because he hadn't faced "real" competition yet, you'd look foolish afterwards. Look at what a fighter does well and how it matches up against the given opponent instead.

Well Cub is a big step up in competition. I honestly don't know how Choi will present himself, but i agree that we can't really judge him untill that fight.

Choi should have the same hate as the anti Conor fans a couple years ago. He hasn't fought any serious ground threats and until he does he isn't tested. That being said Choi hits like a god damn freight train. Wouldn't shock me if he had titanium bones in his hands.

I'm sold on you hating Koreans.

Just wait till after the fight. You'll be convinced Cub isn't really that great either, is washed up or something like that.

Back