Dana White: Cyborg TURNED DOWN not one, but TWO offers to fight for potential new 145 Title.

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Just listened to the new episode of UFC Unfiltered, and they had Dana White on, and he dropped this bomb.

Apparently, they offered Cyborg to fight Holly Holm for an inaugural 145 pound Championship --

And Cyborg turned it down, saying she "couldn't make 145 pounds in 8 weeks".

So then they offered her to fight Germaine instead on the upcoming Brooklyn card, for an inaugural 145 pound title, and Cyborg turned that down too.

According to Dana, they were all in shock, and Joe Silva said "If she can't make 145 in 8 goddamn weeks, then apparently 145 isn't the right weight class for her either."

Dana said "This obviously has nothing to do with weight, I have no idea what is going on with her."

*** EDIT: ***

^^
For the people in here saying 'maybe Dana is lying about the entire thing', no, she really is trying to act like a weight cut in September requires 'recovery' for 6 months.

Last edited:
<{danawhoah}>

LMAO

I actually believed her about not making 135 and even felt bad for them forcing her to when she physically can't - saying for years she will only fight 145 and now backs out twice when they finally came to her own terms

True colours shown

amazing

Lost all respect

Everyone else and Ronda > Cyborg

Lol oh boy

If true, then it's hard to defend you Cyborg. That's a big, humongous "if", though.

What the f* is going on ?

And don't tell me Cyborg is ducking anyone lol.

Yeah OK I completely believe Dana because he always, always, always tells the truth.

Before the flame war begins, let's take a moment to note that the UFC is letting fighters handpick their opponents for title fights.

Spot 4 Sale

Edit: Spot sold to Hector Lombard

Last edited:
Yeah, I just heard that as well. It will be interesting to hear/see how she responds.

Don't know who to believe. Someone ask Cyborg this, lets see if she denies it.

Whaaa...

There has to more to this. 8 weeks is a completely standard camp, so unless she has suddenly blown up to 240 pounds there would be no problem at all with her making the weight.

It's hard to trust Dana too obviously. God knows what bullshit he could be trying to pull with some wacky statement. Whole thing sounds strange.

Sounds crazy, but Dana said it so...

Back