LMAO Conor gassed after 3 rounds with Nate, how would he handle 12 rounds in a boxing ring?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Boxing does not have a big cage where you can run to avoid trading punches with your opponent. It is a high pace all the time. A valid question is: if Conor can't even fight NATE for 3 rounds without gassing how come would he be able to box for 12 rounds against a legit pro boxer? Truth is he would get KTFO in the early rounds

<{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}><{anton}><{clintugh}>

He went 5 rounds with Nate.

Boxing rounds are 2 minutes a piece
fDzM81OYrNjJC.gif

He went 5 rounds with Nate.

He managed to get through it, just, but that doesn't mean he wasn't nearly dying. He looked utterly cooked after 10 minutes of an easy paced fight that he had his way in, had five minutes of getting beat up, then spent the next two rounds literally running away while looking at the clock. When I mean running away, I mean literally turning his back and jogging away from his opponent so he didnt have to engage. For a group of fans that often rag on Floyd for 'not fighting', you sure do turn a blind eye to Conor being the definition of a 'runner'.

His cardio is shiteful.

Why would you site women's in this conversation?

In boxing you only box. As soon as you start throwing kicks you need up to 70% more energy...not to mention grappling and all the other aspects of MMA. Therefore boxing lasts for up to 15 rounds and MMA only 3-5.

I answered even tough I still think you're trolling.

Watch the Chad fight...he gassed after half a round

In boxing you only box. As soon as you start throwing kicks you need up to 70% more energy...not to mention grappling and all the other aspects of MMA. Therefore boxing lasts for up to 15 rounds and MMA only 3-5.

I answered even tough I still think you're trolling.

Citation needed, very interested in this 70% figure. The pace in boxing is much higher

Conor is the best striker in the history of MMA. He's already knocked out one of the all time greats in the sport in 13 seconds. All it takes is 1 punch and he'll put Mayweather to sleep. He hasn't faced a fighter w/ the power that Conor has.

He managed to get through it, just, but that doesn't mean he wasn't nearly dying. He looked utterly cooked after 10 minutes of an easy paced fight that he had his way in, had five minutes of getting beat up, then spent the next two rounds literally running away while looking at the clock. When I mean running away, I mean literally turning his back and jogging away from his opponent so he didnt have to engage. For a group of fans that often rag on Floyd for 'not fighting', you sure do turn a blind eye to Conor being the definition of a 'runner'.

His cardio is shiteful.
25 minutes with only 4 minutes of rest, versus 36 minutes with 11 minutes of rest.

Then factor in that he doesn't have to wrestle, which is by far the most gruelling aspect of MMA.

I think he'll be fine and you are a troll or an idiot.

Conor is the best striker in the history of MMA. He's already knocked out one of the all time greats in the sport in 13 seconds. All it takes is 1 punch and he'll put Mayweather to sleep. He hasn't faced a fighter w/ the power that Conor has.

Mayweather fought Paq and Canelo who have put guys to sleep in one shot.

11hAPUImQF6tlm.gif

He's also the best wrestler in the game, look at that beautiful blast double

Boxing does not have a big cage where you can run to avoid trading punches with your opponent. It is a high pace all the time. A valid question is: if Conor can't even fight NATE for 3 rounds without gassing how come would he be able to box for 12 rounds against a legit pro boxer? Truth is he would get KTFO in the early rounds

Maybe but the huge difference between MMA and boxing is that MMA has 5 minute round where as boxing has 3 minute round.

This makes a huge difference to the fighters fatigue. Boxers gets 1 minute rest every 3 minutes whereas MMA fighters gets 1 minute rest every 5 minutes. However, boxing is 12 rounds and MMA is 5 rounds in championship contest.

Conor will last longer in boxing but not 12 rounds maybe 6 rounds lol. It will be difficult for him to go to 12 rounds as he is not used to it.

Citation needed, very interested in this 70% figure. The pace in boxing is much higher

I'll try to find the source. I once read that as soon as you start using the lower body you need up to 70% more energy.

And it's probably true. i train Muay Thai and when we have a very hard training and we are gassed we often spar only boxing and no legs, because you can barely move....

25 minutes with only 4 minutes of rest, versus 36 minutes with 11 minutes of rest.

Then factor in that he doesn't have to wrestle, which is by far the most gruelling aspect of MMA.

I think he'll be fine and you are a troll or an idiot.

He gassed against Nate in five minutes of a slow paced boxing match without wrestling. Yes, you have to wrestle in MMA, but they didn't. It's even easier when you set the pace and can walk forward, all of which Conor did. If he can't get through that much without getting very, very tired, he's not going to last into the 7th, 8th or 9th rounds without becoming a sitting duck, just as he did against Diaz.

There is no need to dicuss this at all. The people who think Conor could beat a top level boxer let alone Mayweather are either stupid or trolling.

Or people who know next to nothing about combat sports but still think they know enough. But these category belongs to the supid peole as well imo.

Oh and I don't think conditioning is the decidng factor here.

Back