Point fighters will never win real fights

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
People like GSP, and don't get me wrong I am a HUGE GSP fan, but his fights blew after he killed BJ Penn

In a real fight if you keep your fighter at bay for 25 minutes, eventually they will get the upper hand and you'll wear out.

Example, Koscheck. Man I felt bad for that guy, in the rematch when Koscheck was annoyingly jab fested for 25 minutes and couldn't do shit. I actually got a lot of respect for him in that fight, he never lost heart and had a lot of heart. Koscheck would had of won that fight had it gone to the 18th round for example.

I think GSP fell victim to not wanting to lose so hard that he played it safe and was afraid to engage or take any risks. He annoyingly kept teasing us leading into fights with saying he will surprise us and do something nobody ever seen before. Nope, same old same old. I got so annoyed when he was fighting Jake Shields that I lit napkins on fire in a bar and a friend had to poor his beer on it (true story)

I think GSP's best 5 round snooze fest was against another boring fighter: Jon Fitch, which is surprising, but they did a lot of stuff in that fight, it wasn't the same GSP jab fest.

Honestly, when GSP became safe GSP he was the boringest champ ever to watch. People poop on Mighty Mouse but he finishes fights once and a while.

Gotta go

People like GSP, and don't get me wrong I am a HUGE GSP fan, but his fights blew after he killed BJ Penn

In a real fight if you keep your fighter at bay for 25 minutes, eventually they will get the upper hand and you'll wear out.

Example, Koscheck. Man I felt bad for that guy, in the rematch when Koscheck was annoyingly jab fested for 25 minutes and couldn't do shit. I actually got a lot of respect for him in that fight, he never lost heart and had a lot of heart. Koscheck would had of won that fight had it gone to the 18th round for example.

I think GSP fell victim to not wanting to lose so hard that he played it safe and was afraid to engage or take any risks. He annoyingly kept teasing us leading into fights with saying he will surprise us and do something nobody ever seen before. Nope, same old same old. I got so annoyed when he was fighting Jake Shields that I lit napkins on fire in a bar and a friend had to poor his beer on it (true story)

I think GSP's best 5 round snooze fest was against another boring fighter: Jon Fitch, which is surprising, but they did a lot of stuff in that fight, it wasn't the same GSP jab fest.

Honestly, when GSP became safe GSP he was the boringest champ ever to watch. People poop on Mighty Mouse but he finishes fights once and a while.

Gotta go

Why, in a real fight, would GSP (or anyone else), abide the 10-point-must system and the unified rules?

That's like following Sherdog's rules and regulations, while having an actual conversation with your friends at a BBQ.

It's senseless.

Why, in a real fight, would GSP (or anyone else), abide the 10-point-must system and the unified rules?

That's like following Sherdog's rules and regulations, while having an actual conversation with your friends at a BBQ.

It's senseless.

It's called honor and nobility good sir

Koscheck would had of won that fight had it gone to the 18th round for example.
Drunk go home, you're Clippy.

I love Kos. One of my all time favorites but if the fight went 18 rounds in the GSP rematch he'd look like he got stung by a million bees by the end of it.

3cddaae8ed9c027408aadb64d8dc8989.jpg

It looks like a second mouth!! LOL

Drunk go home, you're Clippy.

I love Kos. One of my all time favorites but if the fight went 18 rounds in the GSP rematch he'd look like he got stung by a million bees by the end of it.

3cddaae8ed9c027408aadb64d8dc8989.jpg

It looks like a second mouth!! LOL

Legit looks like Hitch.

images.jpeg

GSP did not take too many risks after getting KO'ed but we should also consider the fact that some of his opponents had iron chins and were very tough to finish. Nick Diaz, Condit, Jake Shields, Fitch...those guys could take a lot of punishment so we should not hold it against Georges for not finishing them.

And against Koscheck...why bother wasting energy wrestling a great wrestler when you can just jab his face all night? It is called a game plan and attacking weaknesses.

GSP did not take too many risks after getting KO'ed but we should also consider the fact that some of his opponents had iron chins and were very tough to finish. Nick Diaz, Condit, Jake Shields, Fitch...those guys could take a lot of punishment so we should not hold it against Georges for not finishing them.

And against Koscheck...why bother wasting energy wrestling a great wrestler when you can just jab his face all night? It is called a game plan and attacking weaknesses.

Sucks to watch for 25 minutes tho :p

After 18 rounds of a beating like that, Kos face would be wiped out and look like a burger patty

Good thing they dont have to fight in real fights than.

Gotta go

Go watch something else you fair weather. Also don't ever watch boxing either.

Gotta go
Of all of GSP's fights, you use the second Koscheck fight as an example of someone who could have weathered more of the GSP storm? He had a broken orbital, his eye had closed up, he couldn't execute any of his gameplan, and he was getting battered by the same punch for 25 minutes.

He was hurt so bad, he literally couldn't fly home for a few days until he had surgery.

If I was going to go on a point fighting whinge about GSP, I would have picked the Diaz or Hardy fights. At least those guys didn't have any broken shit in their face by the end of the 5th.

I have recently gotten into Game of Thrones, late I know, great show!

JUST NOW YOU GOT INTO IT!?!!

What is wrong with you?? I bet you are flinging your poop at the screen every time you have to watch a slow episode.

Do they have rounds in street fights? Because, if not, how are they going to get GSP off them?

I hated watching GSP fight, but this is a terrible excuse for an anti-GSP post.

In "real" fights his cardio wrestling and striking edge would be even more pronounced. Grapplers prefer longer rounds. Guys like Anderson are better against wrestlers in 5 minute rounds rather than Pride's 10 minute first round. Refs stand you up in MMA, and rounds ending are a stand up - neither happens in real fights.

The Kos fight might be the worst example you could've picked. Kos' face was getting destroyed. GSP also had superior cardio. No way Kos lasts *18* fucking rounds!

GSP may have been boring. But in no rules, he's probably even tougher.

Koscheck would had of won that fight had it gone to the 18th round for example.

If that fight went to the 18th round Koscheck wouldn't have an eye anymore.

Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

If in a real fight you can jab the shit out of someone without getting hit - GREAT!
If in a real fight you can take someone down and lay on him until the police arrives - GREAT!

I don't get these ppl arguing that in a "real fight" jabs or top control suddenly don't work. You can jab and escape if needed, you can takedown and escape too. Not getting hurt in a fight is SMART!

Back