Quick Question

Relentless chase

The one and only
@Brown
Reaction score
My fighting style is a style similar to Conor McGregor's.. I use a wide base.. hands down primarily.. and love counter striking. I've found that my style is very affective to my opponents that I go up against and they have too much trouble figuring out what I'm about to pull outta the bag. is this style common on shorter fighters (I'm 5'7 btw with a 69" reach") or is it most common on fighters taller than me and have a longer reach than me? I'm just wondering. I wouldn't say it's 100% like McGregor's.. but I use awkward movement and techniques that he uses and I've found to be useful for me. does anybody on this thread even fight like this and if so has it been affective to you?

But I feel for you, I have a similar problem since my dick is very similar to Jon Jones' hog...quick question is this normal for white guys?

My fighting style is a style similar to Conor McGregor's.. I use a wide base.. hands down primarily.. and love counter striking. I've found that my style is very affective to my opponents that I go up against and they have too much trouble figuring out what I'm about to pull outta the bag. is this style common on shorter fighters (I'm 5'7 btw with a 69" reach") or is it most common on fighters taller than me and have a longer reach than me? I'm just wondering. I wouldn't say it's 100% like McGregor's.. but I use awkward movement and techniques that he uses and I've found to be useful for me. does anybody on this thread even fight like this and if so has it been affective to you?
WeepyBlandChupacabra.gif

Usually great fighters at counter punch has a reach advantage, and those with short reach are more of a pressure fighter. But if you're a FW your reach won't be a problem I think, most are around this, even Holloway

You have to have a very good understanding of punches/kicks and what angle your are at relative to your opponent as well as fast reflexes usually you'll bait the opponent into engaging but if your understanding of angles/distance isn't correct you'll get hit with something you never saw coming or even move into the strike you'll feel like silva vs shit competition but most likely eat canvas vs someone with skills

Styles make fights. What are the other kids on the playground coming at you with?

Post a video of your meuvement please

Styles make fights. What are the other kids on the playground coming at you with?
I'm not gonna lie.. like with my style.. I feel so confident in it. I feel like the opponents I face aren't on the same level as me if you get what I'm saying..? like I had a fighter just pretty much freeze up in the fight or I wouldn't say freeze up, but he was so confused to the point where he didn't know what to do and I was just unloading on him. finally ended up sleeping him because he left that chin wide open.. I just feel good with it, but I feel weird because I feel like I'm the only guy that's that short and uses that style.. but it's comfortable to me and it's effective.. so it makes me happy, but yea.

I'm not gonna lie.. like with my style.. I feel so confident in it. I feel like the opponents I face aren't on the same level as me if you get what I'm saying..? like I had a fighter just pretty much freeze up in the fight or I wouldn't say freeze up, but he was so confused to the point where he didn't know what to do and I was just unloading on him. finally ended up sleeping him because he left that chin wide open.. I just feel good with it, but I feel weird because I feel like I'm the only guy that's that short and uses that style.. but it's comfortable to me and it's effective.. so it makes me happy, but yea.
Hey if it aint broken, don't fix it. As long as those mother fuckers aren't getting you're lunch money, keep doing what you're doing.

Are you Anderson Silva? Are you on the fuckin Matrix?? Who the fuck are you?

bdFLUGk.gif

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Till you get rekt.

There have been several set ups i use in sparring that i took from Conor or tweaked because of Conor.

Oblique kick setting up bicycle kick, lead uppercut to take the outside angle to set up the rear cross, spinning back kick to the body to keep people from circling, and using the rear uppercut-rear cross pairing but using a bolo punch instead of the uppercut, etc.

Say what you want, he blends his game together very very well and is crafty as they come on the feet.

But IMO, there is only 1 Conor McGregor. Just take what you needx leave what you dont.

I've been looking into getting into mma for real and I think you would make a great coach...holding any seminars?

Are you a Dominick Cruz fan TS? Because he's about the same height and reach as you and I would definitely recommend watching some of his fights too, for his techniques and great setups for striking and takedowns.

Of course, sparring is necessary to improve, and to really know what works for you.

As Mike Tyson once said, and I'm paraphrasing: Great offense makes a fighter good; great defense makes a fighter great.

Do you also play touch butt in the park?

Back