Is Frankie too small for FW?

daryldeal

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or is it just Lil heathen is a huge FW? thoughts pls on what Frankie shud do moving forward.

Should drop to BW.

Has nothing left to do at FW. He can't beat Aldo (Or Conor, if the opportunity ever arises).

He should fight Mighty Mouse at 125. That would be the only Mighty Mouse fight I would actually pay to see.

Or is it just Lil heathen is a huge FW? thoughts pls on what Frankie shud do moving forward.

Well, he's among the very best, probably the best after Aldo, and he was a former great lightweight champion so he's not too small as such. However, he is small enough to be able to cut weight down to 135 and I think he should. He's not going to beat Aldo, and unless Aldo loses to Holloway, he's never getting a title there, so he might as well go to 135 and go for gold against Cruz. Would be a great scrap.

He should go to BW to fight people his size there. Many great fights for him, like Dominick and TJ, but still won't be able to get a belt

Should drop to BW.

Has nothing left to do at FW. He can't beat Aldo (Or Conor, if the opportunity ever arises).
He's still #1 ranked contender at 45. In his (delusional) mind, he's not too far from another title shot.

He's the perfect size for Feather weight, Jeremy Stephens is just a big FW. Edgar is quickly becoming the next Urijah Faber in number of title losses.

Hes kind of taking in the faber role now. former champ still fighting at an elite level just not enough to get over the hump and be champ again.

He could definetly make 135 and should do it he's not getting another title shot anytime soon at 145 plus he's an interesting match up for Cruz dillashaw Dodson lineker alot of fun fresh fight where he can be the bigger man for once

Damn you made me remember the moment when Frankie won the UFC LW title against the GOAT. Good times!!!!
UFC-112-Poster-1.png

I'd like to see him fight at 135 (or even 125) but he certainly isn't too small for featherweight. He was lightweight champion and has never lost due to being outsized.

Looking at Frankie and the state of the manlet divisions, his only chance of ever becoming champ again would be to try flyweight. And MM would likely smoke him.

Back