"If you don't like Flyweights then you're not a true fight fan"

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So what happened to this circle jerk on Sherdog way back when Flyweights were introduced? Those who watched and appreciated Flyweight fights were considered true fight fans and we're more respected here. Now there is so much prejudice on those who enjoy watching Flyweights.

Who really cares what anyone thinks..... Good fights are good fights.

WMMA included. If someone has a problem with you enjoying a good fight tell them to eat shit.

Who really cares what anyone thinks..... Good fights are good fights.

WMMA included. If someone has a problem with you enjoying a good fight tell them to eat shit.

^ About as to-the-point as you can get.

Kudos. TeTe.

Whatever floats your boat. It's not anyone else's place to say what it is acceptable for someone to enjoy watching. Elitism sucks in any sport.

I just cant take the idea of a 125lb man being considered the #1 P4P fighter in the world seriously.

Last edited:
It was true then and it's true now. There is zero legitimate argument against them as far as being quality MMA goes.

The people complaining are just a bunch of short dudes with small brains and even tinier ducks who want to sound tough on the internet.

I mean, if you're just in it for the sheer martial arts, flyweight is one of the very best divisions.

If you're just in it for watching the gnarliest dudes, it's the worst division.

If you enjoy both, there's something to enjoy in every division.

I just cant the idea of a 125lb man seriously.
Don't get me wrong, seeing guys fight 125 and 135 isn't the most impressive for huge shots and the aesthetic factor... but at least the small guys can trade a shitload of punches for three rounds usually.

I don't think you have to like watching flyweights to be a true fan but a true fan wouldn't take every opportunity to run down a division they don't like.

I just cant the idea of a 125lb man seriously.

145...but there is a natural tendency for people to downsize small fighters and exaggerate the size of HWs

It is perhaps my least favorite male division, but I still watch every fight.

The "elitism" is because every single person that has a problem with flyweight is a dumb fuck.

"Oh I can't take anyone smaller than me seriously, regardless of the quality of the fights"

That's the argument of a really dumb person. They changed it up to flyweights suck because they don't finish, but guys like Dodson, Joe B, and MM finish pretty regularly so that's bullshit too. A certain type of mouth breather is offended by lighter weight people or women fighting for some reason

Like what Dom Cruz said, there is a style for everyone in mma

If you find yourself caring too much about the opinions of the heavies, you're not going to have an easy life.

Don't tell me what I can or can't like.

The only problem I have with flyW and WMMA, for that matter, is the lack of finishing ability. I don't need blood or injuries, I just like someone to win without the judges having any say in the matter.

Also, with FlyW (not WMMA) the scrambles are almost too fast and frequent for me to follow without watching twice. I love me a good scramble, trust me, that's where you see some of the best fight IQ/flow without thinking but I have a hard time following those blazing fast little guys.

Compound the two issues and that's my entire problem with them. I am always impressed with lighter class technique. It's indisputably better but it's all too fast and it nearly always goes to the judges.

So basically, I know that it's me, not them. They're great.

Back