It's 1000 percent Maynard's fault

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He wouldn't take top position on the ground, and Ryan was forced to stand. Ryan kicked the shit out of him and Maynard did nothing. It may look different, but it was 100% effective and legit. Once Hall gets his punching up to par, he's going to be really dangerous.

If that kick knocked out Hall I wonder what the official result would be

Ryan Hall is the real reason that Conor will never return to featherweight.

People are calling Ryan a bitch, but he was more willing to engage on the feet then Gray was on the ground. Maynard could have tried top position like 20 times and chose not to. Even if he would have LnP a couple times he might have got a decision but no, he kept letting him up.

What sucks is that one good Maynard punch could have turned Hall into a whitebelt. If Gray aggressively clipped him good that bjj could have been neutralized. Gray treated him like it was Damien Maia on the ground or somthing. Scurred to go anywhere near him.

Making a point, breh. It's like !! versus !

I suppose my point was, ... it's neither fighters fault really. Sometimes a bad matchup is a bad matchup.

Hall is known for his ground skills primarily and Maynard just hasn't been Maynard since the Edgar-era.

It's terribly unfortunate the way the fight turned out, but I don't truly believe anyone had this fight pegged as a fight-of-the-night candidate.

He wouldn't take top position on the ground, and Ryan was forced to stand. Ryan kicked the shit out of him and Maynard did nothing. It may look different, but it was 100% effective and legit. Once Hall gets his punching up to par, he's going to be really dangerous.
I have nothing against hall or what he does but his punching will never be up to par with the top or even good fighters in his weight class.

Those kicks, while good dont generate much power. I'm also of the belief that Hall wont ever generate ko or even decent striking power. That said i love watching him grapple. its freaking awesome. The haters can piss off and watch boxing. this is mma where you are given the opportunity to win with multiple skillsets.

People are calling Ryan a bitch, but he was more willing to engage on the feet then Gray was on the ground. Maynard could have tried top position like 20 times and chose not to. Even if he would have LnP a couple times he might have got a decision but no, he kept letting him up.
This. I could not believe how stupid Gray was at the moment. Terrible fight IQ. One of the worst I have ever seen.

Anytime Hall goes down, take a couple free leg kicks and you're good. Don't even worry about them being effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back