Rumored Pena/Shevchenko Bout May Serve As UFC on FOX 23 Main Event

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Earlier, I posted a thread about Pena/Shevchenko being almost signed, seems this fight may be being targeted as the Main Event for UFC on FOX 23 in Colorado. If true (likely is), this is super disappointing. Back to back FOX cards that are going to be very underwhelming matchup wise.

The headliners are only super disappointing to you cause you're sexist

Pena doesn`t want any part of Valentina but the UFC probably told her "Hey, you ain`t taking this fight you ain`t getting any fucking titleshot soon". It`s a good Main Event btw.

Shevchenko will tear her tits off

I disagree man. Val vs Pena for five rounds is what needs to happen and this is a damn good fight.

Would probably be a decent fight, the butt hurt on here would be much more entertaining though.

Pena/Shevchenko, seems this fight may be being targeted as the Main Event

giphy.gif

Gee, I'll have to cancel all my plans that weekend

Wmma is getting to me. It was cool at first but not anymore.

I remember being fucking pumped when the FOX deal first happened and I got to see JDS v Cain for the title on free TV. Of course that fight didn't deliver, but it was still cool to see. While I'm sure this fight might be fun to watch, it sucks to see that this is a main event.

Fine main event from a fight game stand point, probably won't get a lot of viewers though.

Thats a really good fight and will probably set up the next title challenger... but its not that huge a fight for a UFC on Fox main. FS 1 for sure, though.

I remember being fucking pumped when the FOX deal first happened and I got to see JDS v Cain for the title on free TV. Of course that fight didn't deliver, but it was still cool to see. While I'm sure this fight might be fun to watch, it sucks to see that this is a main event.
"...didn't deliver".... Dude what do you want? It was a HW match that ended with a KO.

If you want a barnburner than Benson/Guida or any Diego Sanchez fight should have been the main event?

Good main event. contender match. God I hate Pena, but she's going to eventually get this on the ground.

Pena gonna get schooled...good fight tho.

Member when fox cards were stacked?

"...didn't deliver".... Dude what do you want? It was a HW match that ended with a KO.

If you want a barnburner than Benson/Guida or any Diego Sanchez fight should have been the main event?
Just because a fight ends with a quick KO doesn't mean that the fight delivered. Ideally, I like to see both fighters actually fight and show what they can do. Looking back it is obvious that their first fight wasn't a great showing for one of them.

Shevchenko/Pena, you heard it here first. They should make Hall the main event of the next UFC on FOX though, he deserves it. Completely dismantled Maynard, perhaps Hall/Edgar for the next shot after Aldo/Holloway vs Pettis winner?

Called it. Now I know that I wasn't the first to post that in that particular thread... But fuck it, I don't care. I'll do anything to feed my ego, so I'm going to act like I was not only the first one to post that as a potential matchup, but the only one.

Just because a fight ends with a quick KO doesn't mean that the fight delivered. Ideally, I like to see both fighters actually fight and show what they can do. Looking back it is obvious that their first fight wasn't a great showing for one of them.
I'm sure you would have wanted a HW fight as the main event.

Back