Should the UFC get rid of the flyweight division

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Lets be honest, a lot of us can't take it seriously.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not like most sherdoggers; meaning I'm not 6'5 220 lbs but I still can't take a champ like this seriously

img952281-png.174613

hqdefault.jpg

0.jpg

usa-today-8785426.0.jpg

Its like old school dwarf wrestling

SKYBRUTUSrip.jpg

a844bda11c122d7132acdbba1b943560.jpg

The time is now, bantamweights aren't much bigger but they're atleast like average size human beings

411541663.jpg

no they shouldnt, stop being stupid. thats like saying they should get rid of the womens division because they are inferior to men in speed, strength and size but i personally love watching cyborg ripping through little woemn like a wolf through a pack of sheep.

I would be quite happy with 135 being the lowest weight class or at least MM going up to challenge for the title.

The lack of competition is a bigger concern for me than how small they are.

DJ just beat a guy that's 5'7 at Flyweight while also having competed at 135 taking wins there, so I don't understand why you can't take them seriously. Not all flyweights are tiny, just so happens that the best is the tiniest. So If I was a fighter like Elliot and got beat up by a little guy, I'd be like "damn that's one bad ass midget" so why can't you show the same respect?

Lets be honest, a lot of us can't take it seriously.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not like most sherdoggers; meaning I'm not 6'5 220 lbs but I still can't take a champ like this seriously

img952281-png.174613

hqdefault.jpg

0.jpg

usa-today-8785426.0.jpg

Its like old school dwarf wrestling

SKYBRUTUSrip.jpg

a844bda11c122d7132acdbba1b943560.jpg

The time is now, bantamweights aren't much bigger but they're atleast like average size human beings

411541663.jpg

All I hear is blah blah blah I don't actually like MMA that much and I'm a textbook casual.

If you didn't think DJ put on a show idk what to tell you.

Never cared for the division. Neither do most since it sells shit.

Theres literally 1000s of people alive who could beat up mighty mouse. Hes not an elite fighter. if you disagree learn english.

TD is a casual

He just beat a guy doms size

Someone will always be bigger

Bork is a midget compared to shaq, and shaq is a midget compared to yao ming.

I bet the tall chock in the pic's panties were soaked, something you'll never initiate.

Theres literally 1000s of people alive who could beat up mighty mouse. Hes not an elite fighter. if you disagree learn english.

Those 1000 people are ufc level pro fighters that are out weighing him by 40 pounds

Casual

DJ just beat a guy that's 5'7 at Flyweight while also having competed at 135 taking wins there, so I don't understand why you can't take them seriously. Not all flyweights are tiny, just so happens that the best is the tiniest. So If I was a fighter like Elliot and got beat up by a little guy, I'd be like "damn that's one bad ass midget" so why can't you show the same respect?

I don't think we'll be seeing Elliott at flyweight again.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/tim-el...na-for-title-fight-against-demetrious-johnson

No wonder he faded so badly after looking so good winning that first round.

If I knew that MM and the other fighters would somehow not be hurt financially, then yes, 86 it.

Those 1000 people are ufc level pro fighters that are out weighing him by 40 pounds

Casual

He said thousands. As in many thousands. I'm sure there are many, many thousands of trained men, who aren't UFC level fighters, that could beat MM.

But I'm fine with the existence of the flyweight division. I think they should focus on splitting welterweight into two divisions: 165 and 175. Give the champ the option of converting his belt to one of those whenever he wants and then have a tournament for the belt in the other.

For fucks sake no. They should start handing out bans for these dumb fuck threads. flywieght isn't going anywhere, either is BW, womens SW, FW, etc.

Don't like it don't watch it

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Simple, now GTFO.

As long as they keep them off the PPV cards I have no problem with it. Same with WMMA

Should Sherdog get rid of your thread making ability?

Casual

Have a feeling if been following mma longer than you. I cant count how many times ive been banned here ok. Anyways im not just talking about ufc fighters. Any 220+lb swat, navy seal, marine, olympic level martial arist, boxer, Etc etc would beat mighty mouse in a fight and they arent even mma fighters. And even the fact that theres maybe 1000 ufc fighters with a 40lb weight advantage means hes too small to be that good of a fighter.

Merge with bantamweight. 125 division is laughable.

Back