Chances of Woodley/Mcgr and J Champion/PVZ

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If you would have asked me two weeks ago, I would have said there is a Vince MaMahon Guarandamntee 100% chance Woodley is fighting mcgregor. But since he was "stripped" those chances have decreased for me to 70%.
Because
1. Why strip him if you could promote him as potential 3 division champ?
2. Woodley is lobbying for the fight. And the UFC seems to only want Woodley to fight actual contenders. (Like this is only a sport when Woodley is concerned).

85% if VanZant beats Waterson she is fighting Joanna J. next. It's almost certain. The next person in line is Andrade but JJ/PVZ as the semi to the Woodley fight seems logical.

I'm not asking the merits of these fights in terms of divisions, rankings, "deservedness" or even common sense.

What are the chances the fights actually happen?

I think that Jedi vs Andrade will be next and I think that Dana will keep PVZ very far away from Jedi for as long as possible after watching her vs Rose.

I don't even like PVZ and i wouldn't want her in the cage with JJ. It would make what Rose did to her look almost tame.

You ain't fooling me motherf*ker f*ker you just made that sh!t ^^^^ up... I like it, I like it alot!

What I want is for him to fight the next man up Khabib, Ferguson, Woodley, don't matter to me anymore but be a Champ and defend something treating belts like Pokeman Go game, Shameful!

Not sure which is more ridiculous of a fight. PVZ vs JJ or McG vs Woodley. And I mean that based on merit.

Not sure which is more ridiculous of a fight. PVZ vs JJ or McG vs Woodley. And I mean that based on merit.
Unfortunately it is not based on merit. It is based on whatever the UFC wants to do.

Paige is not going anywhere near JJ... not at this point... the UFC is not going to throw her to the wolves.

But Conor vs Woodley is still on the table. I think stripping McGregor is more of a sign they are willing to make that fight.

First off, a belt is nothing more than a shiny bauble... ask Jose Aldo if he is satisfied getting the belt without a rematch. They don't need to promote him as a 3 division champ... Hell, they don't need to promote McGregor period... a Woodley fight will attract attention regardless of the hardware in the ring, because it presents an unknown...

The other options are Khabib, which is very risky.. and Nate, which would be risky, but a big draw.. and I think Conor's chances improve @ 155... Woodley on the other hand is not as risky... If Conor wins it will cement his legacy (although I think that is a long-shot at best)... but if Conor loses, he simply can claim he lost to a bigger fighter... there is still money fights @ 155...

The reason they stripped Conor @ 145, is because he wasn't going to defend, and no one needs to see him depleted down to 145 again... he looks great @ 155... that cut to FW looked brutal, and that is the last thing they want for their cash-cow...

Unfortunately it is not based on merit. It is based on whatever the UFC wants to do.
Yeah I know but I find it funny that the UFC built a $4.2 Billion company based on having the best fighters fight the best fighters and they have thrown that model completely out the window for one guy. Whats their plan when there is no more Conor but fans are bored with BS matchmaking and the lack of value in being a UFC champion. I am getting tired of it myself, I have bought 20-30% of the PPVs I used to buy and I am skipping UFC 206 even though it is in Toronto and I am 45 min drive to the venue.

PVZ is nowhere ready to cross paths with JJ the hole she would tear through the cheerleader mma fighter, would be hard to watch...

ZpXXG_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:
Paige is not going anywhere near JJ... not at this point... the UFC is not going to throw her to the wolves.

But Conor vs Woodley is still on the table. I think stripping McGregor is more of a sign they are willing to make that fight.

First off, a belt is nothing more than a shiny bauble... ask Jose Aldo if he is satisfied getting the belt without a rematch. They don't need to promote him as a 3 division champ... Hell, they don't need to promote McGregor period... a Woodley fight will attract attention regardless of the hardware in the ring, because it presents an unknown...

The other options are Khabib, which is very risky.. and Nate, which would be risky, but a big draw.. and I think Conor's chances improve @ 155... Woodley on the other hand is not as risky... If Conor wins it will cement his legacy (although I think that is a long-shot at best)... but if Conor loses, he simply can claim he lost to a bigger fighter... there is still money fights @ 155...

The reason they stripped Conor @ 145, is because he wasn't going to defend, and no one needs to see him depleted down to 145 again... he looks great @ 155... that cut to FW looked brutal, and that is the last thing they want for their cash-cow...
I see your point with the Woodley fight. However that wasn't the reason they "stripped" mcgregor.

But how can they you VanZant if she beats Waterson. She would have the second best record at SW and only one loss. Joanna is going to lose sooner or later and fighting 5 round championship fights catches up to the best of them.

Yeah I know but I find it funny that the UFC built a $4.2 Billion company based on having the best fighters fight the best fighters and they have thrown that model completely out the window for one guy. Whats their plan when there is no more Conor but fans are bored with BS matchmaking and the lack of value in being a UFC champion. I am getting tired of it myself, I have bought 20-30% of the PPVs I used to buy and I am skipping UFC 206 even though it is in Toronto and I am 45 min drive to the venue.
Will fans grow tired of that model? It isn't new. Lesnar was 2-1 when he fought for a title. That was 8 years ago.

JJ and PVZ fight in the same division so it wouldnt be impossible, Woodley (or whatever WW champ) vs Conor is very unlikely, simply cause they are all considerably bigger than him, and we all know how he did against a bigger guy.... one that is like 2-2 and was manhandled at WW.

Back