Johnson vs Elliott round 2 is good example of how to win a round on bottom

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Elliott won that second round. He was way more active in terms of throwing strikes and went even for takedowns with DJ.

Those elbows and punches sealed the deal, and the submission defense he had completely negates the sub attempts of DJ.

I can't believe I agree with unreasonablemmafan. Hall out landed him like 3x in that round and took virtually no damage

I don't why guys even go for subs.

All I know is that DJ fought a crazy dangerous MOFO a lot bigger than him and won that fight. Even if you give Elliott that round MM won that fight. People give MM shit for not finishing or doing better in that fight?? are you kidding me?? that Elliott guy knows how to fight man. He has a fucking weird fighting style that makes him look sloppy but he is far from that. He knows what he's doing and throw all that crazy shit to confuse his opponent. On the ground he is active as fuck, he is down for excellent scrambles and you wont submit him just like that. Don't be surprised if he gets a another shot at the title soon. I'm pretty sure he can defeat a lot of people in that division including Benavidez. MM is ready for D. Cruz, TJ and Frankie. I don't know what he's waiting for.

I can't believe I agree with unreasonablemmafan. Hall out landed him like 3x in that round and took virtually no damage

Hall wasn't participating in the fight Reasonablemmafan posted about.

with the right gameplan i think Elliot can beat DJ

he was 100% on takedowns 4/4 if he took down dj even more often then he did certain rounds could of gone his way

he also needs to defend the takedowns and keep it standing because even his corner said during rounds that tim wasn't even trying to stop takedowns

It's actually a terrible example. He got outstruck on the feet while they were briefly there, threatened with a single guillotine that wasn't close while getting taken down, and then got soundly controlled with his guard getting frequently passed while landing, for the most part, meaningless strikes from the bottom, with the odd decent elbow getting in. He finally was able to scramble to his feet and then got about 10 seconds of top control at the end of the round. I mean, it was a good defensive display, which is reasonably impressive as Johnson has a pretty good top game, but he didn't come close to winning the round.

And a good example how broken and biased towards champions MMA judging is, because he didn't win this round on scorecards, nor did he win the 5th round. Seriously, this shit needs to be rewritten.

It's actually a terrible example. He got outstruck on the feet while they were briefly there, threatened with a single guillotine that wasn't close while getting taken down, and then got soundly controlled with his guard getting frequently passed while landing, for the most part, meaningless strikes from the bottom, with the odd decent elbow getting in. He finally was able to scramble to his feet and then got about 10 seconds of top control at the end of the round. I mean, it was a good defensive display, which is reasonably impressive as Johnson has a pretty good top game, but he didn't come close to winning the round.

Out struck? Really? DJ was the only one out struck, and it was by a huge margin. You're so bias with your analysis, "meaningless strikes from the bottom". lol.

Tim won that round easy. Landed more shots and DJ didn't do anything on the ground.

Back